Finally drove a new 5.0 today...

Dave_6

Established Member
WOW is all I can say. I never even got WOT and it impressed the hell out of me! :eek: It was a base with 3.73s 6-speed which is what I am wanting. Seriously though, this engine is amazing. I can't believe the power and throttle response it has at just part throttle. Too bad I've got too much negative equity in my car so I couldn't make a deal today. :( I'm going to have to sell it first before I can get one. Hopefully here soon though I can join the club!

BTW the base audio system is nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. It sounds better than the Bose crap thats in my Mazda. The base steering wheel isnt all that bad either, though I probably would still upgrade it at some point.

Last edited:

pwrshft99

Established Member
It'll be 20 years before I can afford a 2011 lol... however my blown 99 GT is up for sale in about 6 more weeks. One way or another I'm putting this motor in a fox body!!!

zilla8

Established Member
Base is the place :) I just turned 47 and It's been 20 years since I had a new Mustang.

I wanted to sort of recreate my 91LX 5.0 so I got a 300A base GT in white with 3.73 gears as the only option.

with the money I saved I have been able to create a monster that handles like a slot car and runs like a rocket ship.

I'm a simple guy so the cloth interior and base stereo were just fine for me.I've upgraded the steering wheel to the 2010 GT500 and added a white Q ball shit knob from Grabber pony.

the icing on the cake is being installed this week,Kenne Bell 2.8 liquid cooled blower

just save your coins and Man you will be thrilled you picked up a 2011 5.0

It's really that good!!!!!!

pcc4.jpg

kingnut

Established Member
i have yet to drive one. i know if i drive one, im gonna buy it. so im waiting til im back in the states for good.

Mika

Established Member
Kona blue is beautiful. It was my second choice, but I ended up with it anyway. My first choice was Sterling Grey. Reminds me of my '04 Dark Shadow Grey Lightning. Deals can be had, it's just a matter of finding the right dealers. I got mine for $4k off sticker. 3.73's, HID's, security, and Brembo's. Fantastic car:).

Mika

Silver5Oh

Established Member
You're better than me. I bought mine before I had even SEEN one in person.

same here...went in looking at a left over 2010, found out the price difference between the 10 and 11 was only a couple grand. So i just said screw it and got the 11 with out test driving it or even seeing it. Gave them 3 color choices, and a week to get one.

Dave_6

Established Member
Base is the place :) I just turned 47 and It's been 20 years since I had a new Mustang.

I wanted to sort of recreate my 91LX 5.0 so I got a 300A base GT in white with 3.73 gears as the only option.

with the money I saved I have been able to create a monster that handles like a slot car and runs like a rocket ship.

I'm a simple guy so the cloth interior and base stereo were just fine for me.I've upgraded the steering wheel to the 2010 GT500 and added a white Q ball shit knob from Grabber pony.

the icing on the cake is being installed this week,Kenne Bell 2.8 liquid cooled blower

just save your coins and Man you will be thrilled you picked up a 2011 5.0

It's really that good!!!!!!

pcc4.jpg

Nice looking car! What all have you done suspension wise?

The only thing I'd really like to have with the base is the Brembo package, but with me trying to keep the payments under a certain amount it just adds a little too much.

STALLKING

Established Member
Yeah i just ordered a 2012 and im in the same boat. But the dealer here on base said it was an awesome car and i know car dealers dont lie so i know it has to be a great car.

Users who are viewing this thread