Finally dynoed and ran the Cobra

GHRVENOM

Established Member
The dyno numbers were 454rwhp on a Dyno Dynamics dyno which the tech told me reads about 20% lower than the Dynojet I'm used to dynoing my car at read. That would put me around 544 rwhp on the dynojet more or less from what I'm told. I was on 10 lbs of boost on a "rich"tune. The car didn't do too hot at the track though, I ran a best of 11.8 on a 28 inch slick with severe traction problems. The wheels I used that day stuck out of the fender a few inches but I decided to use them anyway. Do you guys think that had something to do with my traction issues? My theory is that the car's fender landed on the slick upon launch and then maybe bounced or interfered with the car's squating. Mods are in sig.

Boostin'Mystic

Established Member
The dyno numbers were 454rwhp on a Dyno Dynamics dyno which the tech told me reads about 20% lower than the Dynojet I'm used to dynoing my car at read. That would put me around 544 rwhp on the dynojet more or less from what I'm told. I was on 10 lbs of boost on a "rich"tune. The car didn't do too hot at the track though, I ran a best of 11.8 on a 28 inch slick with severe traction problems. The wheels I used that day stuck out of the fender a few inches but I decided to use them anyway. Do you guys think that had something to do with my traction issues? My theory is that the car's fender landed on the slick upon launch and then maybe bounced or interfered with the car's squating. Mods are in sig.

its not 20% its anywhere between 10 - 15% being at most

GHRVENOM

Established Member
28's on 10lbs. Thing is I've ran that same time in my 393 rwhp (Dynojet) 99 GT. :( The GT one actually gripped though.

Last edited:

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
You were ONLY running 10 psi in the tires? Or you're saying you were running 10 psi boost? My question was how much air in the tires.

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
I run 28'' slicks on my 4.56 geared eaton swapped 99 Cobra and I have no problems if I give them a good burnout and dont dump the clutch. Last night when I was at the track with them I ran 19 psi in them and that worked well.

GHRVENOM

Established Member
Started at 16 psi on tires and ended up at 10 but 60 ft was decent but as soon as 2nd went in, there was no traction till 4th gear. I got my control arms adjusted with my 18's on which are on 275/35-18 bf goodrich.

Jamie R.

Established Member
Not a bad pass bro! You have a stock long block in the car and is the car intercooled?

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra on the Cover of MM&FF's August '07 Issue

Users who are viewing this thread