finally finished the stereo install..some pics.."dial up warning"

tonydahose

Established Member
heres the head unit
headunit.gif

the old cd player slot..i have a cord hooked up to the radio so i can have my ipod play through the aux. port
cdslot.gif

heres the sub and amps..boston 10.5' and phoenix gold 450 and 250 amp..i still have to clean up the wires a bit
trunk.gif

and last but not least a pic of my shifter
shifter.jpg

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
that looks like an mgw shifter.

about the location of the amps. Those panels are just flimsy plastic. if thats all that they are connected to, i would think you may want to move them since whatever type of screws you used may pull out.

OrangeMachine

Established Member
Nice head unit, I always had good luck with blaupunkt. Yeah, quadcammer is right, you should probably move the amps and fill in those holes (it is an enclosure for your 5X7's). Either make an amp rack for them to sit on or mount them to your box. How do you have your box secured? I have that same shifter, it is sweet. Oh, and how does it sound?

tonydahose

Established Member
SnakeEyes@@ said:
Nice head unit, I always had good luck with blaupunkt. Yeah, quadcammer is right, you should probably move the amps and fill in those holes (it is an enclosure for your 5X7's). Either make an amp rack for them to sit on or mount them to your box. How do you have your box secured? I have that same shifter, it is sweet. Oh, and how does it sound?
one its a vert ..so no 5x7's...5 and 1/4 by the sides of the rear seats..i wanted to keep a lil trunk space so thats why i installed them upside down...the amps are both secured with nuts and bolts with large washers to keep them from falling out..it was the best way i could think of to secure everything vs space...the sub has 2 L brackets about 8" long and 3" wide on either side of the L..hope that makes sense..i postioned the box with the brackets ..lifted it up and drilled thru the bottom and bolted it..so its secured to the spare tire cover basically...sound is great..i am still tweaking it though..its really a pain in the azz cuz of the way i put the amps(for clean look)i actually have figured a way to get my 230lb fat azz into the trunk while the sub is there mind you..then i contort to move the gians and frequencies..lol

OrangeMachine

Established Member
tonydahose said:
one its a vert ..so no 5x7's...5 and 1/4 by the sides of the rear seats..i wanted to keep a lil trunk space so thats why i installed them upside down...the amps are both secured with nuts and bolts with large washers to keep them from falling out..it was the best way i could think of to secure everything vs space...the sub has 2 L brackets about 8" long and 3" wide on either side of the L..hope that makes sense..i postioned the box with the brackets ..lifted it up and drilled thru the bottom and bolted it..so its secured to the spare tire cover basically...sound is great..i am still tweaking it though..its really a pain in the azz cuz of the way i put the amps(for clean look)i actually have figured a way to get my 230lb fat azz into the trunk while the sub is there mind you..then i contort to move the gians and frequencies..lol

Hey, if the amps aren't going anywhere then where they are at is fine. If you use some wire ties then it will look pretty clean. How did you split the power wires to both amps? distribution block? If you really want your sub to sound good, get yourself a 2 or 3 way crossover and filter out all the high frequencies. Most internal amp crossovers suck balls. Oh, and if you notice your sub amp getting a little hot, check your impendances. That amp is probably only rated at 4ohms bridged like you have it. If that sub is a 4ohm sub and you have it bridged there at the amp it will carry a 2ohm load.

Users who are viewing this thread