finally for those who want pics of an 03 with H&R race springs

venomous99

Established Member
ive asked for these pics for the past 2 weeks with no success. seems as though most people are running sport springs or the ones with race springs somehow do not have access to a digital camera. anyhow, im having the race springs installed today.
im hoping to have pics up by 2nite showing before and after install. should be interesting.

Satin03

Established Member
venomous99,

I know what you mean. I have been trying to get you pics for sometime now. I don't own a digital and my friends with them keep procrasinating. Sorry about that. I do know that you will be extrememly happy with the Race Springs...I am. However they do tend to sit a little low once allowed to settle. I will probably end up with the urethane isolators. Enjoy!:thumbsup:

Mike

venomous99

Established Member
satin,
yeah, i really wanted to see some pics for motivation but i went ahead today and had my friend install them. he's on the last spring right now and i should have my car back shortly.
pics will follow definitely. one thing i did forget was a b4 pic but there are plenty of stock suspension sonic blue 03s lurking around anyways.
i was a bit concerned the race wouldnt lower enough. i want something that is a bit higher than the sports and the race seems to be the springs to do the trick...we'll see

03Steve

Established Member
Hopefully they are softer than the 600# stock ones Ford put in. I went to 175# up front and 200# in the back, along with some other suspension stuff in my sig. Big difference in weight transfer, and traction. Car dead hooks in first.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
I have some pics of the H&R race springs just have to get them off my camera and on to a hosted site. I went with the urethane isolators front and back as well and the ride height is perfect, the race springs don't have the drop of the SS's thats for sure. My ride height is equal at all four corners as well so I am very happy plus I just added 18" Saleens (wheel replicas) and the car looks badass!!!

venomous99

Established Member
just got the car back..didnt have time to take pics but here's my 1st take
good:
ride quality not nearly as harsh as i thought it would be, stiffer but not uncomfortable at all, handling improved

bad:
not exactly the drop i was looking for, id say at best the car was lowered 3/4-1", another 1/4-1/2" more i would be perfectly happy

im hoping there is this so-called settling period when the suspension lowers a bit more. anyhow, hope to get pics soon. one thing for sure is that with a lowered car and the stock 17s, the car looks funny as the rear tucks in too much. i was so used to my 99 cobra sitting on 18s with 285 rear tires that it seems like i forgot how inward the rear wheels sit on the stock setup.

99cobraclone

Established Member
Originally posted by venomous99
just got the car back..didnt have time to take pics but here's my 1st take
good:
ride quality not nearly as harsh as i thought it would be, stiffer but not uncomfortable at all, handling improved

bad:
not exactly the drop i was looking for, id say at best the car was lowered 3/4-1", another 1/4-1/2" more i would be perfectly happy

im hoping there is this so-called settling period when the suspension lowers a bit more. anyhow, hope to get pics soon. one thing for sure is that with a lowered car and the stock 17s, the car looks funny as the rear tucks in too much. i was so used to my 99 cobra sitting on 18s with 285 rear tires that it seems like i forgot how inward the rear wheels sit on the stock setup.

There is a definitely a settling period, it may take a week. Be patient young grasshopper!

Satin03

Established Member
Originally posted by 99cobraclone
There is a definitely a settling period, it may take a week. Be patient young grasshopper!

What he said. There is definately a settling period. Mine settled so much I can't tell the difference between the SS's and the Race's. Although I do like the ride. Like I said, I may decide to throw in the urethane's. Did you reuse the stock isolators?

venomous99

Established Member
sorry guys...been busy the past day. ill get the pics up today.
i used the stock isolators.
if anyone is worried about the ride being harsh, no need to worry. ride is not bad at all.

venomous99

Established Member
pics didnt come out as i wanted, but anyhow here is one.
as you can see the drop isnt that much compared to the sports.
ill try to get a better pic next time, hopefully after the so called break-in period.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

venomous99

Established Member
dont know if it voids the warranty but generally, i think if the problem was caused by the modification, then the work will not be covered by warranty. i think it would be nearly impossible to keep these cars stock. ive had mine for 1month and already looking to get stuff.

jrh99

Established Member
Are the race springs actually supposed to be a better handling spring?

venomous99

Established Member
satin,
i think the springs have settled a bit more. in a week, ill post some new pics when i'll have my new wheels.

the car sits even front to rear. i wish it would drop slightly more in the front to give the car a demon drop look. we'll see if the springs will settle more, but i doubt anything significant.

u wouldnt believe how the car rides. quite comfortable for a "race" spring. no regrets in that dept but only wish the drop was slightly more.

the race springs have higher spring rates(about 100-150lbs) than the sports. i did notice that the exhaust rubbed in the front portion(around the cats) and catback clamps when going over a bump. ill probably end up ditching the clamps and weld the flow tubes onto the mufflers to gain the extra clearance.

Users who are viewing this thread