Finally got a custom Predator dyno tune.

Pyro

Established Member
I'm happy considering my mild engine mods and being the 5th pull without a cool-down. ("real world" numbers). Also, didn't have a chance to do a pull with the cutouts open. Maybe next time. Also, I requested a "safe" tune since it's a daily driver.

462 rwhp
470 rwtq

I'll attach the graph once I shrink it a bit.

Last edited:

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by Copperhead
Who did the customer tune? Did they just e-mail it to you and you downloaded? Do tell!

It was a custom tune made on the dyno. It took 3 pulls to get it right but there were 2 pulls before the final pull to get the PSI. There was no cool-down so the numbers could have been higher but I wanted real world numbers. How often do you ice the engine before you hit the freeway? Anyway, I'm happy with the safe tune I got.

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Those are great numbers. Where did you have the tune done? I assume that was for 91 pump? Might need to take a trip to Cali. I think with results like this the Predator is proving it's worth.

Pyro

Established Member
I had it dyno'd at Superior Automotive Engineering in Anaheim and Shawn Ellis did the tuning with help from Joe Jill. They worked really well together and I was able to watch them do their magic. I heard that Danny Swanson is also really good but since I got my Predator from Shawn, he gave me a great deal on the custom tune. The dyno was stricly by the hour.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Pyro,
Good stuff!!! Good numbers. We have all been waiting to see that software in action.
Did you get a chance to get the pre-tune numbers?
Will you be able to get 'near same conditions' 1/4 mile times to back up the tune 'real world' benefit?

Can you still twiddle the tune with your Predator?
And last but not least, is that final tune stored on your predator?
thanks exciting!
JW

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by jhwalker
Pyro,
Good stuff!!! Good numbers. We have all been waiting to see that software in action.
Did you get a chance to get the pre-tune numbers?
Will you be able to get 'near same conditions' 1/4 mile times to back up the tune 'real world' benefit?

Can you still twiddle the tune with your Predator?
And last but not least, is that final tune stored on your predator?
thanks exciting!
JW

I didn't have a chance to get a baseline as time was at a premium. As far as the 1/4 times to back up the "real world" tune, I dont know since I've never ran a 1/4 mile. All I know is that it pulls much like it did when I was using 93 octane gas.

Yes, I can still fine tune the predator as needed. And finally, yes, the final tune is saved but it overwrites the other tunes which is no biggie since they dont really apply to me anymore.

Last edited:

yermo

Established Member
great numbers i might have to make al call over to Shawn to get the custom tune that i have been waiting for.

Pyro

Established Member
I dont have the necessary program to re-size the picture here at work so if anyone has photoshop or something similar, I can email you my dyno sheet and you can 1/2 size it and post it. Otherwise, I can just post it tomorrow.

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Great numbers! What did it run with the basic pulley program? That is what I'm running with essentially the same mods. I'm wondering how much improvement you got out of the custom tune above the basic pulley program.

I'm on the edge of my seat!

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by esqeddy
Great numbers! What did it run with the basic pulley program? That is what I'm running with essentially the same mods. I'm wondering how much improvement you got out of the custom tune above the basic pulley program.

I'm on the edge of my seat!

I didn't get a baseline dyno but if you are running 93 octane, you should be fine. Before the dyno tune, I was blending 100 octane with 91 octane to get 93. I believe the "Pulley Tune" was designed for 93 octane cuz it ran awsome with stock with that gas. What octane do you use?

michorizo

Here is Pyro's graph...
pyrodyno.jpg

Pyro

Established Member
Thanks for posting my dyno sheet!!!

And for those of you who never miss any details (you know who you are:p ) I was just blocking out the dyno date since I was playing hooky from work but I still wanted to show off to my co-workers.

Last edited:

Pyro

Established Member
They had a wide band hooked up but it wasn't datalogged. I saw the wide band on the hood and it started out at low 13s and immediately dropped to mid-to-low 11's for the most part of the curve and finally bottomed out at 10ish. The tuners eyes were fixed on the meter as well. Bummer there was no graph but I'm very confortable with how it was monitored during the dyno run.

I would have like to get an A/F curve also but for the price of the dyno AND the custom dyno'd program, I cant complain.

Users who are viewing this thread