Finally got a Terminator!

Titan 5.0

Established Member
After trading my 2011 5.0 in for a boat, doing that for a few years... Decided to go back to having a Mustang in the garage. Just got a low mileage 2003 Cobra. I've been wanting one of these since they came out. First mod, is to get it street legal for TX.

Found it on the Terminator Buy/Sell on this forum, and flew up to Pittsburgh to get it. Drove it 22hrs to get it back to Houston.

Pretty stoked about sonic blue and the spoiler delete is wearing on me too.

1.jpg

2.jpg

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Nice congrats! Another Htown terminator....I'm down in League City

So what makes it not street legal? No cats?

Titan 5.0

Established Member
Yah no Cats.. The tuner is saying that there shouldn't be a problem passing the inspection, but with 2011 GT with no cats there was no chance. I tried a few places no one could get around it. It had to be plugged straight to the computer... any experience with this?

Case

Established Member
Congrats on the nice SB! I'm a fresh Terminator owner myself, couldn't be happier.

Jmurrz

Established Member
yikes texas you have to have the front plate. yuck. congrats though.

I don't run one, even though it is required in NJ. No one has ever given me an issue, but if you wanted to be on the safe side, he could always get a flip down one that does not drill into the bumper.

Beautiful car! Congrats!

RichM1983

Established Member
I'm pretty sure I saw that car in the garage of the previous owner when I was buying a set or wheels and tires from him. Super nice guy. BEAUTIFUL car! It was amazing in person. You got a great car!

Titan 5.0

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments, I am super happy to have a Mustang parked in the garage again!

Titan 5.0

Established Member
I'm pretty sure I saw that car in the garage of the previous owner when I was buying a set or wheels and tires from him. Super nice guy. BEAUTIFUL car! It was amazing in person. You got a great car!

You are probably right... He was a cool guy for sure, felt really comfortable buying the car from him at such a distance. Couldn't ask for a 15 year old car to be in better shape.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I don't run one, even though it is required in NJ. No one has ever given me an issue, but if you wanted to be on the safe side, he could always get a flip down one that does not drill into the bumper.

Beautiful car! Congrats!

Same here!

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Congrats! Nice looking Cobra.

Take advantage of the free car wash help from the son. One day he'll want money for doing that, lol!

Yeah, Missouri has front plates. I ran without one for many years until last summer. Some young Dick Tracy spotted me and pulled a U-turn on a four lane and I knew immediately what he was up to. Cost me 63 bucks, so I finally got out my 'no drill license plate holder' that I bought years ago. I mounted the plate upside down on the frame, bent the frame a little and mounted it the lowest I could go. Just below the opening for the blower heat exchanger. About 3" from the ground facing up just a little.
Also, I had a cop tell me displaying the plate anywhere else is another ticket. Such as dash board, etc. Improper display.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread