Finally got my RTR decklid panel

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
I know a bunch of people were on "the list" from BBR and whatever other vendors like me, well after 3 1/2 months I finally got mine about a week ago. So worth the wait. Loved opening that box and smelling the fresh fiberglass, couldn't install it fast enough.

I did see two small imperfections on the right side, bubbles in the glass, hardly noticeable though

imagejpg1_zpse1844aa5.jpg

So much better than stock!

imagejpg2_zps99baeb1d.jpg

FIVEHOE

Established Member
RTR decklid is probably the best looking mod. Looks awesome on every color

Nuar

Established Member
I don't know how you guys bring your selves up to cutting a giant hole in your deck lid... i will never inatal the rtr piece because of that.

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
I know I was just ****ing with him. I don't mind cutting into a brand new car especially if the factory parts can be thrown back on without ever knowing of previous modification

95_Slowbra

Established Member
I thought for the 13-14 there was no cutting required for the RTR. I thought that only applied to the 10-12 since the 13-14 you could just remove the original rear panel and replace with the RTR. This being allowed because that the raised section for the fake faux cap was molded into that piece instead of the deck lid like the 10-12. Please correct me if I am wrong. I was looking at this for my 14' since I was under the impression no cutting was required.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

FIVEHOE

Established Member
I don't know how you guys bring your selves up to cutting a giant hole in your deck lid... i will never inatal the rtr piece because of that.

And do you feel the same way about the quad gt500's with the valance? turbo / supercharger kits?

I don't see the big deal cutting something that will never be visible

I thought for the 13-14 there was no cutting required for the RTR. I thought that only applied to the 10-12 since the 13-14 you could just remove the original rear panel and replace with the RTR. This being allowed because that the raised section for the fake faux cap was molded into that piece instead of the deck lid like the 10-12. Please correct me if I am wrong. I was looking at this for my 14' since I was under the impression no cutting was required.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

and you are indeed wrong. I have a 13 and the emblem is fastened to a mound (which needs to be cut out in order to sit flush). It's super easy to do and the decklid doesn't leak water at all. I threw it outside during one of our big storms to see if water would leak through, nothing

Last edited:

Thorpz

Established Member
Premium Member
I did not know the new ones were glass mine is steel. As far as cutting a hole in the 13/14 Ford already put 10 square holes in it to attach the stock faux gas panel so I have no issue with cutting 1 more.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Thanks for the orders guys!!

Yes, the first run is already sold out and I have already started the second one which they said shouldn't be more then a month now (don't hold your breathe though). PM for pricing

Nuar

Established Member
I see what you guys are saying it does make sense, but I still wouldn't be able to do it to my car lol.
fiberglass bumper is easy enough to replace i suppose so I did work up the nerve to put a boss diffuser on the rear bumper, though even that was a tough and a nerve wracking decision for me lol.

Users who are viewing this thread