Finally got the Whipple installed !!!!`

tickingcobra

Banned
My Whipple is hitting the stock Fuel rails???????? I started it up the first time and a rough idle, so I turned it off and hooked up the maf extender then I started and a smooth idle :coolman: .... My chip was overnighted to me so, it's only good enough for me to get to him with a custom tune on Tuesday....

I am running the stock upper 3.5" and a 2lb lower, so about 15 psi, hopefully I should see about 550 rwhp and 550 rwtq

Fang

Established Member
Dude, last I heard you were selling the Whipple. Glad you decided to keep it. Keep us updated. Have fun!

tickingcobra

Banned
Fang said:
Dude, last I heard you were selling the Whipple. Glad you decided to keep it. Keep us updated. Have fun!
Yeah I kept mine and my friend sold his cobra so he doesn't need his, and that's the one selling......

I can't wait till I get it dyno'd...What is your PSI and pwr level?....What should I be at with 15 psi?

Fang

Established Member
tickingcobra said:
Yeah I kept mine and my friend sold his cobra so he doesn't need his, and that's the one selling......

I can't wait till I get it dyno'd...What is your PSI and pwr level?....What should I be at with 15 psi?

15 psi and power in the sig. I need to go back since I have new tune. Congrats.

Fast04SVT

I think u will be around 550rwhp and about 525tq on a dyno jet. I dunno about a mustang dyno. a good custom tune will get u 565rwhp.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silver 03 Cobra

tickingcobra said:
My Whipple is hitting the stock Fuel rails???????? I started it up the first time and a rough idle, so I turned it off and hooked up the maf extender then I started and a smooth idle :coolman: .... My chip was overnighted to me so, it's only good enough for me to get to him with a custom tune on Tuesday....

I am running the stock upper 3.5" and a 2lb lower, so about 15 psi, hopefully I should see about 550 rwhp and 550 rwtq

If you are driving it do not pull any boost till you get it dyno tuned or at the very least on a dyno to check the A/F. I kow it's hard. I had my chip overnighted to me so I could drive it 60 miles to Charlotte to have the guy dyno tune it after I installed a KB. It was hard driving it pulling vacuum the whole time but frying a piston is not worth it. It turned out my chip was pretty close.

tickingcobra

Banned
Silver03Snake said:
If you are driving it do not pull any boost till you get it dyno tuned or at the very least on a dyno to check the A/F. I kow it's hard. I had my chip overnighted to me so I could drive it 60 miles to Charlotte to have the guy dyno tune it after I installed a KB. It was hard driving it pulling vacuum the whole time but frying a piston is not worth it. It turned out my chip was pretty close.
You telling me, but yeah I'm staying out of it.. I have to drive it up to ATL to Tim at ModularPowerHouse for my tune, so that's about 5 hrs, so I know I won't get on it then...

Silver 03 Cobra

tickingcobra said:
You telling me, but yeah I'm staying out of it.. I have to drive it up to ATL to Tim at ModularPowerHouse for my tune, so that's about 5 hrs, so I know I won't get on it then...

Congrats and good luck. Nothing like 17 psi on a twin screw.

Users who are viewing this thread