Finally! GT4 release date

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Seems way to good to be true. Could it possibly come so soon? Time will tell, and I'm not getting myself excited until I have it. :pop:

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
They love changing release dates at the last minute, so dont get your hopes up. I will only be excited once its in my hand.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
i think the bad news is the supercharged cobras wont be on it.
the only mustang besides the new '05s, is the '00 svt cobra R.
not sure about the shelby mustangs though...

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
ya thats what im saying...i remember when the gt2 version was delayed for about a year, i just lost interest. i think they're bullshitting on this again. with 500 cars, thats going to take a while to take the bugs out. when they rushed out gt2 because of demand i remember all kinds of copies with some funny bugs found in them. my copy had cars doing burnouts up against walls while everyone else was racing. they're were walls that didnt exist and i would end up on the otherside of the track, fun cheating but after a while it got annoying. i hope they get this one right...

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
I have it pre bought and I told the guy at game stop that if I didnt have it in my hand by the end of march I want my damn money back and Ill go buy a ****ing X box.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
^ dont waste your money.
i recently bought a ps2 (well not really recently) november, in terms of console yes RECENT, only because the old one has been in cold places and hot places waaay to many times.
ANYWAY, i bought the smaller ps2 and damn i love it, its fricken 1 inch thick and about as big as a book, im guessing i can fit 6 slim ps2s in 1 xbox.
no comparison, even though GT4 wont have Ferrari or Porsche, you cant go wrong with an Audi R8 or M3GTR.
GT4 > Forza/and other racing sim
650+ cars > 200+ cars

im also planning to buy the logitech pro wheel made for GT4 900degree turning radius YEEHAW!

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
Serpent said:
^ dont waste your money.
i recently bought a ps2 (well not really recently) november, in terms of console yes RECENT, only because the old one has been in cold places and hot places waaay to many times.
ANYWAY, i bought the smaller ps2 and damn i love it, its fricken 1 inch thick and about as big as a book, im guessing i can fit 6 slim ps2s in 1 xbox.
no comparison, even though GT4 wont have Ferrari or Porsche, you cant go wrong with an Audi R8 or M3GTR.
650+ cars > 200+ cars

im also planning to buy the logitech pro wheel made for GT4 900degree turning radius YEEHAW!

Ya but smaller ps2 = no hard drive

that= no thanks I use mine for FFXI and the new maps for Socom2

I still use my PS2 that I got the day it came out back in uh yeah when ever it first came out and no problems so far with it. I have many times been playing a game and not been at a save point and just paused the game and go to bed then work then come back and finish playing so this things has tons of hours on it.

:)

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Serpent said:
^ dont waste your money.
650+ cars > 200+ cars

No offense but GT4 is the only decent game the system has coming out. XBOX is has way better games right now. My PS2 hasnt seen the light of day for about a year now... :nonono:

I even have GTASA and havent even opened it :eek:

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
thats a shame that the 03-04 cobras are not going to be in it. I would looking forward to virtual tuning them by putting smaller pulleys and chip upgrades.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Ghoust said:
thats a shame that the 03-04 cobras are not going to be in it. I would looking forward to virtual tuning them by putting smaller pulleys and chip upgrades.

I dont think smaller pulleys is an upgrade in the GT series :D

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
Serpent said:
^ dont waste your money.
650+ cars > 200+ cars

Oh I love my PS2 and wouldnt sell it for anything but I want an x box for a few choice games (halo 2, forza, project gotham racing, and a few others) Im just pissed that Ive wanted GT4 ever since I played GT 3 and when I heard it was coming out LAST april then got pushed back again and again and again and again and by god again. Im just tired of it. I love the Ratchet and Clank series there is nothing like bashing things with a huge wrench and blowing things up with masive guns and high explosives. PS2 rocks but Im getting mad at GT4 Ive also heard some rumors that if it gets pushed back again after march Ford and a large number of car dealers are going to pull out and want their cars out of the game which will just push it back that much further. Im just sick and tired of it.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I share the same sentiment as most of the other posters in this thread. At this stage I could care less if its ever released. I have both consoles and my PS2 is collecting dust at the moment. I have been hooked on project gotham racing 2, and rally sport 2. PGR2 is much better than MS 1st attempt project gotham racing. Forza racing should be out shortly and I think it will hand GT4 its arse.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I think this is the correct date because Gamestop has it listed as 2/22 and its on their coming soon menu of their website.

Dont count on forza being better than GT4. No one has ever been able to come out w/ a better game than any of the GT selections. Just because theyve delayed the game so long is because they keep updating it and making changes; no one will ever touch it.

Last edited:

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
wals9331 said:
No offense but GT4 is the only decent game the system has coming out. XBOX is has way better games right now. My PS2 hasnt seen the light of day for about a year now... :nonono:

I even have GTASA and havent even opened it :eek:
Same deal I'm in...No good PS2 games as of recent.X-Box has been dropping all kinds of titles..GT4 will change that though for a while.Hopefully Forza will be a good game also. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread