Finally- how to FIX Mustang CD Player !

2FST4GM

Established Member
Thanks for the write up. I can't tell you how many times that has hung up on me. I've even had Ford fix it twice and it will still ocassionally do it.

Sony's car audio components are still junk I see. If only they would make them as reliable as their video equipment. I swore to myself years ago that I would never buy another Sony audio component ever again. I see their quality hasn't improved any.

SVTHorsnake

Banned
had mine replaced under warranty after a long hot road trip... too bad I hadn't seen that earlier. I'll keep it on hand incase it happens again, thanks!

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Thanks, I thought MY cd player was junk, All of the numbers and stuff are worn white on mine so I will most likely replace with aftermarket, but thanks alot, this will carry me over till I replace:beer:

snkbitn

Established Member
Originally posted by 2FST4GM
Sony's car audio components are still junk I see.

Another Anti-Sony-ite ! ! :beer:

I too avoid Sony like the plague.

Nice writeup ! Thx !

100th96cobra

damn....wish i could say the same thing...my pos doesnt have problems ejecting cds...once you put the cd in the player, it just clicks and clicks and clicks, like its trying to grab the cd. usually after about 10 minutes it works :cuss:

Oceanedge

#488 of 4,055
Established Member
Another CD problem

I have yet another symptom to report. My CD Player will not even accept a CD until you practically force one in. Then after you manage to get a CD to enter the portal of music creation, the CD player will coldly reject the CD and cast it out back into view of the disappointed riders and drives view. Egads, this is a frustrating situation. I'm currently shopping Ebay for a factory replacment since I have other issues that I am currently focusing on with this particular Cobra. (I.E. A total engine malfunction, I seem to have pitched a timing chain through a valve cover). Still, if I could only get the CD player to work, I'd have a place to hang out on weekends (in my driveway, in my cobra....with a bottle of Capt. Morgan, a 2 liter of Big K cola and a couple of Blues CD's...aaaaaahhhh...that's the ticket.)
:kaboom:

SGL

Banned
I can sell you mine. I ripped out the whole Mach460 system. Make me an offer through private messages.

By the way, my CD unit has the symptom described in the first post.

Last edited by a moderator:

YardSpecial

War Veteran X 2
Established Member
I cool mine with A/C on trips..........

Just never put a DVD in there (don't ask).............

Heard horror storys on these and I own TWO of them !!

Users who are viewing this thread