Finally I took it to the dyno...

04silversnake

Established Member
This is an '04. Borla catback and k&n drop in. Dynojet uncorrected
I had a total of 3 pulls. The 1st one I had the predator performance tune. Second the original tune, and the last one I installed the predator back.
1st Max Power=406 Max Torque=394
2nd Max Power=416 Max Torque=387
3rd Max Power=407 Max Torque=395
What is strange is that I made a little more power with the stock tune compared to the predator. These runs were made 10 mins from each others.
Do these numbers look ok?
This was done in miami, and it was raining and very humid. I additional info is needed, let me know.

ralphy1798

Established Member
weird the predator made LESS power!!! If you tune it right, there is 10-20 rwhp out of a tune with your mods, NOT -10... haha

Jeff

04silversnake

Established Member
ralphy1798 said:
weird the predator made LESS power!!! If you tune it right, there is 10-20 rwhp out of a tune with your mods, NOT -10... haha

Jeff
Thats what I thought too. when compared both graphs the predator was had like 5-10 more hp along the entire curve, except for the peak power. And yes, I think if I get a custome tune, It will be better numbers compared to the stock tune. But it was with the performance tune that came with the predator.

MikeW

Established Member
power numbers are fine but what did the Air/fuel do?

Which Borla exhaust?

I made 404Rwhp and 385Rwtq on a Mustang dyno with Borla Stingers and K&N FIPK. My air fuel with those mods was rich up high and a bit more lean down low on the stock tune.

04silversnake

Established Member
97topless snake said:
power numbers are fine but what did the Air/fuel do?

Which Borla exhaust?

I made 404Rwhp and 385Rwtq on a Mustang dyno with Borla Stingers and K&N FIPK. My air fuel with those mods was rich up high and a bit more lean down low on the stock tune.
Borla stingers 140052.
I wish I could attached the graphs, but dont know how to.
The 1st run a/f 12.4 from 3500 rpm to 4400, then went to about 11.8 to 5900.
The 2nd run a/f 12.8 from 3500 rpm to 4000, then went to about 13.0 to 5200. then 12.5 to 5400.
Is that on the safe side or not?

MikeW

Established Member
04silversnake said:
I forgot to mention that a/f was using a sniffer at the tail pipe, I think it reads slightly leaner than if I would use a bung before cats.

Since you have cats it's hard to say if it would be more lean than a bung. The A/F looks good for a stock tune without pulley. Sniffers can read a half point to a point more rich than bung reading. But some are dead on :??:

Notice that the pulley run #1 was richer than the 2nd. The extra TQ in the predator runs is due to the richer condition.

O and by the Borla part number you have the Stingers :beer: boy they sure sound sweet :rolling:

MikeW

Established Member
I'd take the 1st or 3rd run numbers over the 2nd..

Yeah maybe less RWHP, but they have more RWTQ and seem to be richer (maybe safer).

just my.03

Bluedot_26

This Space For Rent
Established Member
97topless snake said:
Since you have cats it's hard to say if it would be more lean than a bung. The A/F looks good for a stock tune without pulley. Sniffers can read a half point to a point more rich than bung reading. But some are dead on

Wouldn't a sniffer read leaner than what's measured before the cats ? (hense the cats doing their job)

Your numbers are pretty close to mine (for the same mods) however you have better torque (+10ft/lbs) for the stock tune.

MikeW

Established Member
Bluedot_26 said:
Wouldn't a sniffer read leaner than what's measured before the cats ? (hense the cats doing their job)

Your numbers are pretty close to mine (for the same mods) however you have better torque (+10ft/lbs) for the stock tune.

http://67.15.62.79/forums/showthread.php?t=117822&highlight=sniffer

Really depends on the sniffer I guess. But in general the sniffer is said to read leaner. the cats taking car of un-used fuel makes the readng more lean.

12.2 is closer to "clean air" than 11.0

But hey I use a bung and dont use a sniffer unless it is free at dyno days, and even then I'm loggin with my wideband :-D

Users who are viewing this thread