Finally installed MGW Gen II

lkempf

Established Member
I finally broke down and bought a MGW shifter for my 2011 GT500. I have had problems with gear grind since owning it and it has always pissed me off. The shifter has always felt sloppy in general.

About 5 years ago i did the AmsOil tranny fluid change along with installing the aluminum bushings in the shifter arms replacing the factory rubber ones. It helped some, but it still felt sloppy and cheap. It got to the point that i considered selling the car.

The install wasn't bad although i did use a few curse words at times. I haven't been able to fully enjoy it yet because I did not order a new shift knob for it because I planned on using the factory knob. I now realize that it isn't going to work so I guess I am going to buy one from MGW. Are there any other alternatives? I like the ones from the Shelby store better.

Why can i never upload files from my iPhone on here? Says they are too big?

lkempf

Established Member
No I do not have app. I didn't know there was one. I guess will have to download it.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Any shfit ball should work as long as it's the right threads and pitch. Might be cheaper to get the right threaded shaft from MGW and use the factory ball.

Neil1b

Established Member
How is the shifter compared to stock as in effort to shift.

I have had these in the past on my gm and older foxbody.......... and the wife bitched whenever i let her take it.

Thanks in advance

merkyworks

Established Member
Initially the shifter is a little tight but after a couple hundred miles it loosened up just enough to be nice and easy.

lkempf

Established Member
Finally good weather when I had time to drive it and try it out. I see what you mean by being a little stiff. Going to take a little while to get used to it. The few hard 1-2 shifts I made when smoothly. Feels like a different car. Hopefully fixed an annoying issue I've had with the car since buying it.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND MGW!

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Finally good weather when I had time to drive it and try it out. I see what you mean by being a little stiff. Going to take a little while to get used to it. The few hard 1-2 shifts I made when smoothly. Feels like a different car. Hopefully fixed an annoying issue I've had with the car since buying it.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND MGW!
Pull the console, loosen the bolts on the arms, and shift a few times. Now retighten everything. You should have a smooth shifter that locks into the gate.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread