Finally made my 8 second Pass. 6-speed, Radial, GT500, no N2O

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Still all the factory options and weighs 3850 with me in it. Been racing this car for 10 years now and Really proud of her and this pass. Major weight off the shoulders.

My first pass

My 8 second Pass!

The slip.
upload_2018-11-23_21-23-45.jpeg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 92

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
That is freaking bad ass!!! Congrats as that is not an easy accomplishment. How much power does the car make? I'm looking for very low 9s with a manual next season.

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
That is freaking bad ass!!! Congrats as that is not an easy accomplishment. How much power does the car make? I'm looking for very low 9s with a manual next season.

Thanks man, It made 1100hp and 930tq on Lee Blankenship's Mustang dyno. I'm running a 2012 sleeved block with a complete billet rotating assy, 4.7 Kenne Bell with the 4" pulley (for now) and the original, never opens TR6060 (Tuet 5800).

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Thanks much Shadow, Papaw, I appreciate it guys.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Seen some updates on the 859 page the other day, congrats dude! I always see pics and videos of this car on there and I love it.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm really surprised with it running 8s on a radial tire. Is it because the car makes so much low end torque you can leave at a low rpm with a clutch slip? With my coyote I have to leave the line at 6200rpm on a bias ply slick to match your 60ft.

That car is probably so much fun at any rpm from a rolling 2nd gear hit LOL

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Thanks much Shadow, Papaw, I appreciate it guys.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

There were a few of us at BG NMRA watching you run low 9s. Friend of mine was running his turbo 86 stick car in true street. Low 9s for him too. Did you run true street? I cant remember if I saw you running terminator/gt500 or true street.

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Seen some updates on the 859 page the other day, congrats dude! I always see pics and videos of this car on there and I love it.

Thank you, hearing that someone from another area checks in on the progress of my car is really cool man. We have a bunch of really fast cars in this area and it gets tough keeping up LOL. Between Jared Cochanougher and his 7 sec stick Vette and James Short and his low 8 second Camaro, the GM contingent is more than covered. Luckily we're all good buddies.

I'm really surprised with it running 8s on a radial tire. Is it because the car makes so much low end torque you can leave at a low rpm with a clutch slip? With my coyote I have to leave the line at 6200rpm on a bias ply slick to match your 60ft.
That car is probably so much fun at any rpm from a rolling 2nd gear hit LOL

It taken a many of passes to learn what these radials like but its been well worth it. It's so stable going down the 1320 that it actually spoils you and you can concentrate on power shifting........Yes, the amount of torque the car makes does help it get up on the tire very quickly but the suspension is most of the magic. Its blows most peoples mind when they see just how little of suspension I have. It's just all set where it works well. Coyotes are a completely different animal but sill awesomely effective. Where I launch from 2200-2900, my buddies that have comparable HP Coyote cars launch about 1500 higher than me. I'm gonna be starting on a coyote soon in another car............... 2nd gear in it is nothing more than a cruising fwd gear cause just a lil touch with a drag radial on and its goes instantly up in smoke. No more hot rodding around town at WOT....unfortunately.

There were a few of us at BG NMRA watching you run low 9s. Friend of mine was running his turbo 86 stick car in true street. Low 9s for him too. Did you run true street? I cant remember if I saw you running terminator/gt500 or true street.

That was a really fun race this year. I ended up 3rd in the Terminator/GT500 shootout this year just like the last time I raced it in 2015! I qualified JUST right in the ladder to move up and get lucky a couple times. I did do the true street cruise and once we made it back to the staging lanes, My cars De-Gas tank cracked around the neck and it started pouring coolant! I was sick cause I needed a new clutch. Luckily, the swap meet was happening and we found a factory tank for $30. I didn't get to finish the True Street race but I was ready that evening for the next mornings racing to start. Nick Shortridge had me covered anyway lol

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Thank you, hearing that someone from another area checks in on the progress of my car is really cool man. We have a bunch of really fast cars in this area and it gets tough keeping up LOL. Between Jared Cochanougher and his 7 sec stick Vette and James Short and his low 8 second Camaro, the GM contingent is more than covered. Luckily we're all good buddies.

It's almost crazy the fast stick cars in that group/area. I was telling Stratton the other day that it seems like everyone has a driver mod in there hahaha. I need to get another car and make some rentals next year, I miss it a lot. I agree though, need some faster Ford stick cars to come compete with them guys!

Users who are viewing this thread