Finally, rev limiter/launch limiter solved in a 99 ZMR3 Cobra!!

Joe Lynch

Established Member
Finally, after 2 years of trying to solve.....

I have a 99 ZMR3 nitrous car with a built engine that can go to 8000 rpm easily. I have been running the last 6 months with an Autologic chip that was setup to defeat, not reset the rev limiter. With no rev limiter, I had the nitrous window switch set at 7900 rpm.

What has always been of concern was the chip connections going bad or a wire breaking on the 4 program chip and the chip ceasing to function, such that the stock 7050 rev limiter was suddenly active yet the window switch was set much higher. It happened once on a 75 shot, didn't hurt anything, but I wanted my rev limiter set above 8000 WITHOUT a chip!!

Superchips Custom Tuning (SCT) figured out how to do this so I bought the flasher. In addition, they figured out how to do a two step.

I just got back from testing the SCT file in the car, with ET Streets and line lock without the nitrous system active. I had set the rev limiter to 7500 rpm and the launch limiter at 4000 rpm, just to test things without undue stress on my little motor. I am happy to report that it all worked great!

I have been trying to buy this capability for 4 years. Finally, I have it.

Now, on to a 200 shot, and some serious tuning .........without worrying about things changing once they are flashed.

(Turbo in 2005)

Joe Lynch

Users who are viewing this thread