finally, tire change time!!

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
Bought some new tires today, got a decent deal on them I think.
I priced around a few different options, and quickly made the decision to stick to a low budget as this is not going to last much longer then my factory rears. Got a range from 560 to 1000 bux a tire... and long story short I paid about TAXES IN 630 bux for the following

(2) FALKEN FK452 285/30/20 (and now I understand this whole talk about how the factory svtpp rear tire size is retarded, I think they did it on purpose hoping to keep people buying the supercar G's, $560 a peice? um no.)

I am getting them mounted tomorrow, just couple of questions...
anybody running these falkens on the rear of thier shelbys? Any suggestions reviews tips be appreciated

and the aspect being smaller then factory tires, how off is the speed sensor going to be ???

NuclearPower

Established Member
With simple math on tire hieght you are going to be about 10% off on both speedo and more importantly your odometer. Your tires is smaller, therefore more revolutions therefore higher speed than actual and more miles than actual.

IA Shelby

Established Member
With simple math on tire hieght you are going to be about 10% off on both speedo and more importantly your odometer. Your tires is smaller, therefore more revolutions therefore higher speed than actual and more miles than actual.

Every 1 inch in height difference is equivalent to a 2mph difference.

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
i got them each for 280 before tax
i am not astound with the tires, i think i am going to burn through them at the track, hopefully they will hook well after a quick spin in the wet box before the tree but u do get what you pay for with tires... the goodyears are actually amazing tires i think compared to what you pay them after having the falkens, but the whole 10% difference is a real bummer, its bad enough trying to keep the miles low to start... bought it with 3450 last march, at 14000 now... yikes :(

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Get a tuner and you can calibrate the speedometer. Good luck on any type of traction with them.

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
Get a tuner and you can calibrate the speedometer. Good luck on any type of traction with them.

called Steeda today... 392 for sct x3 with 3 tunes... and speedo problem is thing of the past... now thats value with performance :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread