Finally took the 01 to the track...

HoustonGT

Established Member
Well, after a year of owning the car and doing nothing but a simple exhaust swap, i figured id see what a mostly stock 01 Cobra would run at the track.
It was a pretty cool night, so that helped out some but the 20mph headwind made it a bit more fun at 100+mph at the end of the track and was a PITA>
I ran the car in complete street trim to see what would happen, so on 18's and with the spare and jack in the back. Only thing i did was remove the headlight in front of the filter.

Mods: X-Pipe, SLP Catback, K&N Drop In

This was the first of two runs and the only good run since i wasn't allowed to run without a helmet again (Second run was a 13.40 @ 105.18). I feel like i could easily pull a 13.1 in this car with a few more passes once i get used to the IRS off the line.

60' - 2.102

1/8 - 8.67

1/4 - 13.33

MPH - 105.35

I was shifting the car right at redline and she did bog a tiny bit out of the hole, so i think a 2.0 is do-able. I have a set of 4.10's sitting in the garage to hopefully shoot for 12's with just exhaust and gears.

Any suggestions and comments welcome.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Not bad at all. Street tires as well I assume? Most in the boat as you are running high 13's.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Agreed. Very impressive dude, be proud. Im surprised your e.t. is so low looking at your 60ft. But I do agree with you that a 2.0 is probably the best your going to get out of a stock IRS with stock gears. Swap in those 4.10's and get a couple more bolt ons and you will have a nice consistent 12 sec. runner on your hands : )

HoustonGT

Established Member
Not bad at all. Street tires as well I assume? Most in the boat as you are running high 13's.

Yes sir, some 275/35/18 street tires out back. I didnt really worry about anything other than driving around the water box and a quick slip of the clutch from about 3500. Had i known i wouldve been kicked off the track, i would've ran it harder and not lifted on the shifts lol

HoustonGT

Established Member
Im sure a tune will help alot in this car, cuz its running pretty rich. I can tell by the smell, gas mileage, and the fact that the car shoots flames on quick shifts lol. Id love to get one but ill wait til the gears go in and get it tuned afterwards.

HoustonGT

Established Member
those are fast ets. why do i remember stock 0-60 ets being about 4.5 for a stock 2001 cobra??

I found times here

http://www.carforums.net/showthread.php?t=10251
if there accurate, not sure, but looks like it

These cars need gears REALLY bad to drop the 0-60 time that low because first gear takes forever with the stock 3.27's. Im thinking this car will improve ALOT with the 4.10's i got and maybe a drag radial. The cars should have come from the factory with at least a 3.73 option

Users who are viewing this thread