Finally Tuned...

f8lmach

Occasional SVT Poster
Established Member
And it only made 302 whp and 320 rwtq :(

Anyway thought I would share a couple videos (new camera finally)

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsLG7MGYm0w"]YouTube - Mac Exhaust[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMNmg3-2P3s"]YouTube - Mach 1 Dyno[/nomedia]

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
uhm a few more. I base lined 300 whp and 319 wtq with just the headers, mid and catback on a stock tune

Same dyno as before? Same operator/tuner? How do your graphs compare?

Many things can affect numbers a little. The engines water temp might have been a few degrees cooler the last time which would have given good untuned numbers and not so much what you were expecting from the tune if they were a higher. A few degrees makes a difference. Clutch couldve slipped ever so slightly. Even a new clutch can do this.

As long as the curve is better, the a/f is between 12.7 and 13.1 and it's not detonating, I'd say your peak numbers are right where they should be on an honest dyno. If you're skeptical go to another shop, re dyno and check your numbers with other machs with your mods in their computer and do some comparisons.

f8lmach

Occasional SVT Poster
Established Member
Same dyno as before? Same operator/tuner? How do your graphs compare?

Many things can affect numbers a little. The engines water temp might have been a few degrees cooler the last time which would have given good untuned numbers and not so much what you were expecting from the tune if they were a higher. A few degrees makes a difference. Clutch couldve slipped ever so slightly. Even a new clutch can do this.

As long as the curve is better, the a/f is between 12.7 and 13.1 and it's not detonating, I'd say your peak numbers are right where they should be on an honest dyno. If you're skeptical go to another shop, re dyno and check your numbers with other machs with your mods in their computer and do some comparisons.
Thanks, you're right, I guess I was just expecting like 305(+) whp and 325wtq.. Lol little optimism. Oh well I am MUCH happier with the way it drives and how much smoother it is.

buckinwild

Established Member
Bummer man, I thought they should be higher also. which type of dyno? mustang or dynojet, cause heard mustang dyno's dyno less of two. Maybe it'll help mpg wise at least but thats major bummage to spend so much and the time on installs just for so little result.

f8lmach

Occasional SVT Poster
Established Member
Bummer man, I thought they should be higher also. which type of dyno? mustang or dynojet, cause heard mustang dyno's dyno less of two. Maybe it'll help mpg wise at least but thats major bummage to spend so much and the time on installs just for so little result.

Yeah it was a dynojet. Thanks man lol the install on some of that was just ridiculous... But looking at my old graph and new graph I'm pretty surprised how similar they look. Maybe he did a real soft tune on it:shrug:

buckinwild

Established Member
Yeah it was a dynojet. Thanks man lol the install on some of that was just ridiculous... But looking at my old graph and new graph I'm pretty surprised how similar they look. Maybe he did a real soft tune on it:shrug:
Kinda what I was wondering.

Robman420

Mach 'n You
Established Member
Numbers arnt bad at all, your 107 trap with 245 streets aint bad ether at a 13.07 its a runner for sure. keep it up:rockon:

f8lmach

Occasional SVT Poster
Established Member

I thought about it back when I was getting the exhaust and the hassle of having to switch out mid pipes every other year for emissions is just too much of a hassle. Plus I already had every fairfax cops attention before and if I did no cats they'd be looking to pull me at every corner lol. Plus I kinda like the cats, mellows it out a bit.:-D

Users who are viewing this thread