Finally typed up my review of my '14 GT500

SLVRNBLK

Established Member
Good read man. Really enjoyed it. Car looks fantastic! The Trinity is a BEAST! Congrats on the acquisition(as well as your wife"s 5.0). Bet it makes for a sweet garage!

Clemson

Established Member
Nice write up, although I would have mentioned the new grill and rear as these (in my opinion) both look markedly better than the 12 and earlier and quite frankly were one of the factors that pushed me to take the leap to a 13 over an 11-12.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Nice write up, although I would have mentioned the new grill and rear as these (in my opinion) both look markedly better than the 12 and earlier and quite frankly were one of the factors that pushed me to take the leap to a 13 over an 11-12.

Yea, I really like the change in the look as well, especially the quad tailpipes. I didn't mention it because I figure looks are subjective, plus it's pretty obvious in pictures and I was getting sick of writing at that point, lol.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Great write up. How do you like the Toyo R888s for drag racing?

Honestly, I haven't been able to get better than a 2.1 '60 with them on either car. They are AWESOME for street driving, but my technique for drag racing is basically nail the gas and hang on, and these still aren't enough tire to make that work. I'm tempted to try Nitto 555R's or NT05R's, but I'm concerned about how bad they will be if I get caught in the rain.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
We have to plan a trip to the track together and hot swap my Nitto DRs to yours for a couple of passes. It would give you a good baseline feel.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Easy - set of wheels with the Nittos for strip only.

Yea, I know, but I'm not so keen on swapping wheels out every time I want to run. Besides, I am a huge proponent of running the car just like it is on the street. I hate to line up to someone and think "I wish I had my DR's". :(

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
We have to plan a trip to the track together and hot swap my Nitto DRs to yours for a couple of passes. It would give you a good baseline feel.

Yea, that's a real good idea. If I like them enough I may just run them all the time anyhow. I'm riding the train into work most days these days, so the chances of me getting caught in the rain are pretty slim.

Users who are viewing this thread