finally!!!!!!!!

BlkLightning01

Established Member
Okay well heres the deal....havent drove the truck in 2 months. Changed the fuel pumps, relays, fuses and filters. I just completely gave up and decided to suck it up and deal with the Ford dealership costs. Took it to them yesterday and they called me today and said that the "dumb ****" that owned the truck before me decided to put a remote start in and massacred the wiring setup. They need to replace a transistor and recalibrate my PCM and it should be good to go. Total cost around $400 (including diagnosis and towing to the dealership). Said it would probably take them around 4hrs to fix once the transistor comes in.

Bottom line, I shoulda took it to them in the first place instead of naysaying :bash: :bash:

Feels like I'm getting a new truck.....cant wait!

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
glad to hear. now search that mofo down, and pimp slap the ghetto murf.

-chiz

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Cool! Congrats! I had a local shop install a remote start/alarm kit on my last L and it gave it some sort of electrical gremlin that started fudging up everything else.

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
I better knock on wood. My truck has a remote start system that was already on the truck when I bought it. I've used the remote start feature almost daily for the last four years and it hasn't given me any problems. It's really great for cooling or warming the interior, prior to entering, depending on the weather.
It's buttcrack hot down here in south GA during July and August. :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread