Finally!

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
I figured I'd take a guess before he gets back. It made 470 w/ a tune...hmmm...I'm going to say 515-525hp/480ftlbs.

- Aj -

Established Member
C'mon, this should be done by now...heck, your probably driving it. :D

chuckstang

Established Member
does he have full exhaust yet?
also, I am suprised that with his JLT and tune that he did not have over 470rwhp

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
the car is not going to the dyno, at least right now. The pulley is on and honestly the car doesn't feel much faster. I dunno. I am gonna keep driving it and go datalog and see what the deal is. I was expecting more a sotp gain. I will be at the track on sunday.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
dgussin1 said:
the car is not going to the dyno, at least right now. The pulley is on and honestly the car doesn't feel much faster. I dunno. I am gonna keep driving it and go datalog and see what the deal is. I was expecting more a sotp gain. I will be at the track on sunday.

What pulley did you install? How much additional boost?

Thanks,
Crowley

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
it's a 2.6" metco w/ aux idler. my only exhaust is flowmaster axleback. I am seeing 12-13psi on my autometer gauge and 13-14psi on my stock gauge.

Tucker

Well you got boost.
I'd take the safe route and get on the dyno unless you have a wideband.

It's not worth running blind.
Keep us informed.

Jay

broeli

Established Member
You increased boost without a re-tune? Do you have a wideband and are you datalogging your timing and a/f ratio?

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
dgussin1 said:

I am anxiously waiting for your results Dave as I am almost ready to pulley my car too.

But I was hoping you would say "Damn I can't believe how much faster this thing is now!"

I bet once you get that new K.B. and bolt it on, that should give it a little kick in the ass! :thumbsup:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Tucker said:
Well you got boost.
I'd take the safe route and get on the dyno unless you have a wideband.

It's not worth running blind.
Keep us informed.

Jay
I am gonna hit the dyno to check a/f either tomorrow or monday.

broeli said:
You increased boost without a re-tune? Do you have a wideband and are you datalogging your timing and a/f ratio?
I have a tune for the pulley which is on the car. I am not retarded. lol

I have the same identical tune in my car that other cars Jon Lund has tune with the same mods, have. The a/f will be in the 11.7 range when I dyno. I have datalogged my car and sent them to Jon for any necessary revamping.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
1BADGT500 said:
I am anxiously waiting for your results Dave as I am almost ready to pulley my car too.

But I was hoping you would say "Damn I can't believe how much faster this thing is now!"

I bet once you get that new K.B. and bolt it on, that should give it a little kick in the ass! :thumbsup:
Honestly, it's not that huge of a difference. I had gears, a tune and a cai already, though...so all I added was the pulley. The car is definitely strongter, but not a huge amount. I don't know if I am doing the KB, i may, but I don't want to drop 4K on something that will probably pop my bottom end and cost me another 5K.

If I were you I'd do a pulley, gears, cai and a tune at the same time and you'll have a huge kink in your ass difference.

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
dgussin1 said:
Honestly, it's not that huge of a difference. I had gears, a tune and a cai already, though...so all I added was the pulley. The car is definitely strongter, but not a huge amount. I don't know if I am doing the KB, i may, but I don't want to drop 4K on something that will probably pop my bottom end and cost me another 5K.

If I were you I'd do a pulley, gears, cai and a tune at the same time and you'll have a huge kink in your ass difference.

Thanks Dave, that's pretty much my plan so far and I can't wait for that little extra to kink in!

Can you help me make a gear choice? I like the thought of the 3.73's because I will still have some top end but how about the 4.10's what will my car top out at with no top speed limiter and no rev limiter increase?

You sounded a little upset that you went with the 3.73's as opposed to the 4.10's (whussy 3.73's) can you elaborate for us?

Also, can you even use 1 st gear at the track with 4.10's. I hit the rev limiter so fast in first right now with the stock gears it almost seems like 1st would be useless with 4.10's?

Last edited:

MD03SVT

Established Member
I went with the 4.10's & love them both on the street & at the track I have also used 26'' 27'' & 28'' tall slicks at the track & will stick with the 28''.A 28'' slick will give you better 60',

Users who are viewing this thread