Finaly got the Apten on!!!!!!!!!!!

Jaysvt

Ready for Summer
Established Member
After will and i finished his car i decided to start mine that same night. It was late and i was kinda tired but i wanted that sucker on. Everything was going good until the last bolt that bolts the intake to the block went SNAP!!!! I was pissed and said every word in the book then decided to chill out and go to bed, what a mistake that was because i was up all night tossing and turning. Anyway this morning talking to my dad about the problem, needless to say he was pissed said he would give it a try and sure as shit the old man saved the day. I guess 30 years at GM as a repair man paid off. He drilled a hole in the bolt and used a easy-out. So everything worked out great and thought i would share my last 24 hours. Now i can't wait to drive the beast, if this dam snow would quit.

See you guys next MOD party!!!!!!!!!!!!

jay

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
feels good to get LUCKY sometimes doesn't it?

Talking about the broken bolt dude.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Damn, that sounds scary. Glad it worked out. Can you or Will make it down Saturday?

Snkbyte

I'm the cream of the crop
Established Member
Mid life he was using a tourqe wrench and he didn't even get to 15 ft lbs.

Post I will try like hell to get there on saturday jay won't be there he's on a ski trip right now.

And when is this dyno day I know we both will make it if it's soon?

Will

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Originally posted by Snkbyte
Mid life he was using a tourqe wrench and he didn't even get to 15 ft lbs.

Post I will try like hell to get there on saturday jay won't be there he's on a ski trip right now.

And when is this dyno day I know we both will make it if it's soon?

Will

OK bud. Hey were you surprised by the amount of material Apten removed:eek:

Blower feels lighter anyway:-D

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Will, thanks for the feedback. Glad everything went well for Jay.

Doug, anyway the rest of the apten modders can avoid this? I recall those bolts being pretty good sized and am suprised they broke with 15 ft lbs. Clean the threads, a little WD-40, or was this probably just a fluke and postban & co. shouldn't worry?

Blue03

Established Member
I have access at work to electronic factory service manuals for ALL makes of vehicles(foreign too) and printed off a copy of the R&R for the intercooler. It has all the torque specs also. This may come in handy, will bring it tomorrow to Postban's.

Users who are viewing this thread