Find security in a fast car?

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
Have you ever been chased, harrassed or followed on the road and been forced to deal with the problem with sheer speed? I have. I was chased one night by a guy in a ford explorer, he was pissed off for some reason, I dunno, well he had a gun, and kept trying to run me off the road, so I out ran him. Ever since I have always felt safer in a fast car, because it is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Anyone else been into a similar situation where you were possibly saved by the power of your car?

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I believe in two basic things.

You can't have too much power; and your brakes can't be too big/good.

It takes both, I've always felt good knowing that I could accelerate and/or stop at a fast pace in order to avoid or get myself our of bad situations.

Snake Pliskin

Teen Idol
Established Member
A fast car and one of these makes me feel very secure.
hpt247ls9b3qk.jpg

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
mblgjr said:
You can't have too much power; and your brakes can't be too big/good.
You can have too much of both if your tires are not up to snuff. But I understand what you are trying to say.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
when I was a small boy, my parents owned a 69 Torino GT with the 302 in it.. someone tried to run them off the road, and my dad couldn't get away from the guy and had to resort to pulling a revolver from under the seat and setting it on the dash before the other guy backed off. A day later he traded the Torino in on a 71 Mach1 with 351C, never had that type of problem of not being able to get away from anyone again while he had that car..

Rochard

Established Member
Happened to me on my motorcycle once. Guy was a at a stop sign and was more concerned about his cell phone and never knew I was behind him. So I went around him. He went nuts, chasing me, beepping his horn and flashing his lights.

Had to out run him after a few mintues of this.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
I have countless people attempt to bulley me when i'm driving. Merge lanes come to mind, I nudge up a little and hit my blinker and they floor it. Forcing me to retaliate with boost. :)

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
spyder1337 said:
I have countless people attempt to bulley me when i'm driving. Merge lanes come to mind, I nudge up a little and hit my blinker and they floor it. Forcing me to retaliate with boost. :)

I definately take advantage of my hp in situations like that. I especially love doing it to snobby people in their benz or bmw, thinking their shit dont stink and everyone should move for them and they dont have to let you on the freeway from the onramp. :burn:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Yeah, the extra power is good. I can outrun most cars, and have had people try to cut me off and shit when I have nowhere to go except forward.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
No problems here with the tank. No need for the HP, but it's nice to have nonetheless. :thumbsup:

PSI87

Banned
I actually saw a cops episode before. Some a$$hole was following a off duty cop, the cop calls his buddys and off to jail he goes. but yea, carrying a firearm isn't a bad idea as long as you have a concealed weapons permit.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Yes, twice so far.

Once years ago in my 99 GT, outran a bunch of "thuggers". They were in a rice-mobile with a gun. Got on the expressway and left them in a previous zip code.

In the Cobra, I outran a major road-rager who was chasing me in his little Toyota. Put multiple zip codes on him. :kaboom:

Now that I think back on it though, I would have rather been in a BIG ass Hummer and just run them over.

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
NyteByte said:
Yes, twice so far.

Once years ago in my 99 GT, outran a bunch of "thuggers". They were in a rice-mobile with a gun. Got on the expressway and left them in a previous zip code.

In the Cobra, I outran a major road-rager who was chasing me in his little Toyota. Put multiple zip codes on him. :kaboom:

Now that I think back on it though, I would have rather been in a BIG ass Hummer and just run them over.

LOL

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I actually saw a cops episode before. Some a$$hole was following a off duty cop, the cop calls his buddys and off to jail he goes. but yea, carrying a firearm isn't a bad idea as long as you have a concealed weapons permit.

I saw that too. It was actually out here in Wa. That guy picked the wrong person to mess with.

RHSPJETER64

Established Member
There is a redlight right out of my neighborhood where the lanes merge about 100 yards past the light and I get people trying to bully me alot and get in front. Alot of them have learned that they are better off staying behind me. I usually give them a taste of the Magnapacks and O/R X when I see them trying to scoot up and they quickly stop. God, I love my car!!!

slabgod

Soon to be Goat eater
Established Member
I love merging I ALLWAYS have someone bullying me and trying to cut me off. I usually let them think there going to get in front then I nail it... the look on there face is priceless :eek: And yes i will never agian own a vehical that cant get out of its own way and or outrun 80% of the "normal" cars people drive on the road.

UCBeau

charged98cobra said:
Have you ever been chased, harrassed or followed on the road and been forced to deal with the problem with sheer speed? I have. I was chased one night by a guy in a ford explorer, he was pissed off for some reason, I dunno, well he had a gun, and kept trying to run me off the road, so I out ran him. Ever since I have always felt safer in a fast car, because it is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Anyone else been into a similar situation where you were possibly saved by the power of your car?
maybe he didn't like your euro tail lights and the fact that you have true duals when every other mustang GT has..wait..true duals

or something

Users who are viewing this thread