• finish the car, sell it

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • flat out sell the car as is

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eclipsemustang

Established Member
So I have decided for a while now that i no longer want my eclipse, and i plan on selling it to get a cobra. My dilema is that my eclipse isn't fully finished yet. If i were to finish my eclipse to what i wanted to do with it when i bought it all i would need to do is tune it, put on some tint, and maybe put on a different set of springs (previous owner put on a no-name brand and they arent the greatest). Only problem is that i dont want to put any more money into the car if im going to sell it because it runs completely fine and i know that money put into the car never comes back. so i was wondering what others would do?

Last edited:

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
So what makes a running driving eclipse that needs tint a project??? Sounds like a finished car. If you don't like it. Sell it.

Satyr

Established Member
so you want to sell someone an untuned car?
either get it tuned or make sure you notify the buyer that it needs a tune ASAP (which is probably not the greatest selling point).
with that in mind, I would get it tuned beforehand...but skip the tint and springs

Whippled03SVT

Established Member
Forget the tint...

Do the springs make the ride bad enough that a buyer might think twice about buying it. If so buy a used set off forums, my friend had the Eibach sport kit with the stock struts on his 400whp GSX and the ride is good.

And deff get a tune, what do you tune with. All my friends have DSM Link and they post graphs on the DSM Link forum. There are people on the forum that help them and tell them what to change. So it costs them nothing.

rcstang

Established Member
tune and sell maybe tint if u think it will help the cars curb appeal alot better but other than that you should be cobra shopping

XtraTQ

Established Member
I agree with everyone above. I'd get it tuned and then I'd sell.

eclipsemustang

Established Member
what year eclipse? is it suposed to have a turbo? how is the car cosmetically? pics? do you have a long list of mods?

its a 97 gst so it did come with a turbo, its a decently long list of mods, i'll try and find some pics. but the list is kinda long for mods nothing too extravagent.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
full list or ban!

Seeing its a turbo car (GST/GSX) what are you going to use to tune it?

IMO, DSMlink is the way to go.

I dont know how you are driving with an untuned car, especially if it has bigger injectors/pump/etc. We make fun of DSMers like that around here.

Id part out all the mods and return the car to stock, and sell it that way. Only way you are gonna make a return on your money. Otherwise most DSM'ers are gonna look past a dsm with a long mod list and no tune. That means either the owner doesnt know what the **** hes doing, is a cheap ass ghetto modder, and the car is likely beat to death.

Users who are viewing this thread