Finished 6th out of 42 cars in Corvette & Viper autocross...

Twinpwr

Established Member
On Sunday I drove to Shelton, WA to race autocross in my step-Dad's Corvette club. The cars mostly consisted of Corvettes (Z06's, Grand Sports, C3-C7's) and Vipers (mostly Gen 2). There was a 911, an M3, and an Evo there as well...I was the only Ford.Everyone got 8 runs, and my best 5 times put me in top 10 with my last time securing 6th place. Many of these cars have way more hp than GT350, but very few have the balance to attack the course like we can. The high revs, awesome suspension and incredible brakes provided the triple threat needed to do well in autocross.I've previously raced my GTR and even my daily driver Cayenne, doing it in the GT350 was so much better! While the GTR accelerates much faster, the turn in on the GT350 is superior, brakes slightly better too - frankly I'm not sure I would have been able to get the GTR around as fast on this course.I started in 'Sport' mode for the first few runs, but the traction control was hurting more than helping. I did last several runs in 'Track' mode and it's way more fun and more capable...also requires more skill (which I need to practice). I got the car very loose a few times, and was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to get the car back in line.I also beat my step-Dad (used to teach road racing) and all his pals, hope I get invited back.

liter of cola

Established Member
awesome! sounds like this car will be a big threat on the road coarse. imagine how well it would do with R spec wheels and tires a bit of weight stripping and 600hp

Users who are viewing this thread