Finished my procharger installation

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Yeah there's also a decent video from that dude in Blue on YouTube that has a few little tips on it as well... I've installed some headers on some old two valve cars and mostly just do suspension work but doing engine work just scares me a little bit.

installing a supercharger isn't engine work, its literally a bolt on lol, you remove a few bolts and bolt on a bracket here and there, its easy stuff. I watched the dudeinblues video its crap, I like his channel but there was very little useful information about the installation in that particular video. If you've installed headers they ultimately might be harder than this install. Just take this one in parts ie intercooler installation is one part, injectors is another part, crank pulley & blower install another. Injectors shouldn't take you more than 2 hours, intercooler about 4hr(this is including an hour to remove & reinstall the front bumper), blower, crank pulley and other misc stuff about 4-5hrs(this includes removing the old fan, putting in the new fan, removing the crank pulley bolt using an inpact, installing the new crank pulley, removing the degas & installing the new degas and installing the blower bracket, pulley on blower and blower itself)

make sure you have some loctite on hand particularly for the crank pulley bolt. And a 10mm deep socket for the injector rail removal/install.

TBolton

Established Member
What I got from his video was that basically every bag was a step and that you need to follow the instructions to the letter. I thought that was pretty good seeing as how I'm a numbers person and I like things that are fully explained and not left up to an end-user to assume

As terrible as it sounds I'm almost a little terrified of how the bumper attaches on the sides of the fenders... I know I'm just going to break one of those tabs off and then have to figure out a way to reattach the bumper and make it look good.

I'm used to using pry bars and hammers on Jeeps so I may even just wait till it warms up outside just to give that plastic some more flexibility.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'm afraid the ball is already rolling on the full kit... I don't look to make over 600 or 650 horsepower just something in the 550 up range is perfectly fine.

This is just a daily driver that I'm trying to liven up my Monday through Friday interstate drive with.

Not mostly do stuff with Jeeps or motorcycles.

here's the thing you need to remember, at our fuel pressure we basically have 45lb injectors from the factory, the injectors provided by procharger are basically 60lb injectors at our fuel pressure. So you are gainly only a little headway, now if you are running 10lb of boost pressure(for instance) that pressure acts AGAINST the fuel system so now those 60lb injectors are more like 50lb injectors and on top of that you should be commanding a slightly richer mixture than stock. On the 47's they provide I was out of injector by 6200rpms where I"m only pushing 7psi and was going bad lean by 6500. Those 47's are a grandfathered bean counter part man, back in 2010 you need to figure thats when they were designing the kit that was the injector offered in the GT500(or very very similar) and probably only costs them $100 for the set, notice how for their S550 kits which push the exact same psi their complete kits use ID1050x injectors...

The 47's were never meant to be an end all they were meant to be at their max on a STOCK car running the std boost level and probably shifting before 7k.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
What I got from his video was that basically every bag was a step and that you need to follow the instructions to the letter. I thought that was pretty good seeing as how I'm a numbers person and I like things that are fully explained and not left up to an end-user to assume

As terrible as it sounds I'm almost a little terrified of how the bumper attaches on the sides of the fenders... I know I'm just going to break one of those tabs off and then have to figure out a way to reattach the bumper and make it look good.

I'm used to using pry bars and hammers on Jeeps so I may even just wait till it warms up outside just to give that plastic some more flexibility.

very easy

TBolton

Established Member
Oh I know how it comes off and goes back on... I've taken the wife's off before when she was in a minor incident.

I'm just thinking with it being so cold here those little plastic pieces will be really brittle. 25-35 degrees.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
lol, I'm in florida and did the install in my garage where it was a comfy 65-75* so I didn't need to worry about that

TBolton

Established Member
Well you've certainly helped me out a lot and sorry to clutter up your thread with my little questions but hopefully everything goes well with mine.

TBolton

Established Member
When the kit gets here I may just try to assemble it on the floor in the house... Like the tubing and what not and mark them as such.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I wouldn't its all bagged up and labeled and in each bag are smaller bags that ARENT labeled. Much easier if you keep them together until you need the bag, then open it use all or as many of the parts in it and then move to the next instructions.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Just saw this....the kit includes 52lb/gt500 injectors?

it includes G302 47lb injectors. The pre 13 GT500 actually use the LU47 47LB injectors, basically the same thing as the G302 but slightly different injector info for tuning. But yeah, 47lb injectors none the less.

TBolton

Established Member
Oh.... I was jus goin by this data

db8bbd6a47ab971ddfbcbd57cdb4d8d2.jpg
383f16045b6bd621f63d08f38f9d5eaa.jpg

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
with that said I really hope they work out for you. I know the procharger tune commands a .80 lambda value which is basically 11.2:1 afr assuming a stoich of 14.08 for E10, and they do NOT turn off any of the cot based fuel modifiers which command an even richer mixture which necessitates even more fuel capacity. Make sure to log your commanded & actual afr, injector pulse width, rpm, mph, injectory duty cycle & STFT's these are the more important ones, if you are at .8 lamba actual and STFT's start going up and up trying to command more fuel but you are going leaner and leaner it means you are out of injector. injector duty cycle will also tell you this. 85% IDC is a good rule of thumb to where you have full control of what the injectors are doing, once you are at 95% they are full open and you have no control whatsoever and its a crap shoot if you'll get enough fuel or not. Good luck with the build.

Users who are viewing this thread