Fire system pics

Kartracer

Established Member
Hi,
I am about to install my fire system but would like to see some pics, I am ok with the intsall I would just like to see where your spray nozzles are located both in the driver and engine compartments.

Thanks guys.

David Hester

Established Member
No pictures, but in my old Fox body, I had one just under dash to spray down at floorboard between knees angled forward. Don't want in it your face! Idea is to flood under dash. Second one, ran through a hole in firewall and aimed at where line went into fuel rail. You want it low enough to get to motor valley, since I figured that is where fuel was going to spew worst. It only stuck out a couple of inches so not to get in the way, if I pulled motor. I used a 10 lb, so also had one aimed at fuel cell.
Car I have now has a 5 lb,so one under dash and the other pointed at fuel cell. If you have room, go the extra mile and get a 10 lb with 3 nozzles.

David Hester

Established Member
Something to consider. Fluid dynamics say the gas is going to find the route of least resistance. That is why I ran my T so branch off went to the dash and the straighter route went to the firewall. Again you want a fog to protect driver, but the fire , hopefully will be under the hood or back in the trunk and that is where you want the punch. Several bends going under the dash, straight as possible to engine bay or trunk, whichever you chose to cover.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread