Fire!

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
The fire will have to burn down most of Santa Paula to get to my house. The water supply is up the hill from me, so I'll have water pressure to fight fire with. No problem!

On the down side, the Adelphia cable head end is somewhere in those flames on South Mountain. No Cable, no news coverage. So much for Adelphias commercials where they extoll the virtues of cable, and denigrate the dish! "The dish goes out in bad weather". Phooey! The cable goes out everytime the wind blows, or a little fire springs up.

The sad thing about his fire is people live on that mountain. And there are oil wells up there, too. I hope everybody got out

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
No TV? Guess u will have to go with a Radio, for the 411.

But the fire looks so freaking close :eek: Hope all goes ok & no deaths or even houses burning down :nonono:

U own an OIL WELL?

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
No TV? Guess u will have to go with a Radio, for the 411.

But the fire looks so freaking close :eek: Hope all goes ok & no deaths or even houses burning down :nonono:

U own an OIL WELL?

No oil in my property, that's across the valley a couple of miles. It looks bad for Ventura County right now

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Its freaking hot in the Valley today. 85F at 9am & the winds are blowing :nonono:

Damn....hope they can contain it, soon.

Sorry bad joke on my part.

stang99

Damn! News from the fire front. The route home for you must have been interesting last night. I took the 5 all the way and it was really smokey in places.
Now we have reports from the fire front. It looks as if the prevailing wind is blowing away from where you are shooting from judging by the smoke. I guess I'll have to call my brother in Ojai and see what's happening in his neck of the woods.

Andorion

ÆNIMAL
Established Member
We have a cabin up in Lake Arrowhead... a friend who was up there in their cabin yesterday was evacuated. I have no idea if either of our cabins is still standing, but I have a feeling by the time this is over, they won't be =(

~Berj

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
Damn! News from the fire front. The route home for you must have been interesting last night. I took the 5 all the way and it was really smokey in places.
Now we have reports from the fire front. It looks as if the prevailing wind is blowing away from where you are shooting from judging by the smoke. I guess I'll have to call my brother in Ojai and see what's happening in his neck of the woods.

Pat, the wind is blowing the fire west down the Santa Clara river bed. No reports of fire in Ojai, and the sky looks clear in that direction.

Fire is now les than 1.5 miles from my house. Some homes on South Mountain have been destroyed. The area around Moorpark college had a rough time last night. I will update when I have more news.

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
ya man this morning is crazy if you go outside you can see the ashes falling and its like everybody is having one big ass bbq. its like fog but its smoke its crazy

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
i have quite a few friends that live around the san bdno mtn area so i've been pretty busy since last night. helped my g/f evacuate from her house in lake arrowhead to her parents house down the hill last night (berj, the lake area seems ok so far. it's getting close to rim forest and crestline though. w/ all the dead trees it'll spread fast if it gets up higher :(.). helped my best friend get his elderly mom out to a family member's house from north san bdno. saw that the house i had before i moved to riverside two years ago was one of the ones lost in the fire. you could barely see 50 yards due to the smoke and it was windy as hell. very gusty like little mini tornadoes. dogs that were probably left behind or got scared were roaming the streets in packs. pretty sad... :(

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
damn allan, you're our hero!

the smoke from the simi/santa clarita fire is hovering over our house...definetly looks like armageddon (sp)

Users who are viewing this thread