Firearm defense question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Rdj, you shouldn't be allowed to have guns. You are a menace to society as it is. I cringe knowing you own guns. I worry for the neighbors kid that tries to grab his basketball off your land and gets shot. Who gave you a permit and a sound mental health check?

It must be easier to get a gun in this country than getting a welfare check.

Please, sell your guns and never buy one again, society will be better off if your itchy trigger fingers never come near a gun again.

txyaloo

Established Member
Rdj, you shouldn't be allowed to have guns. You are a menace to society as it is. I cringe knowing you own guns. I worry for the neighbors kid that tries to grab his basketball off your land and gets shot. Who gave you a permit and a sound mental health check?

It must be easier to get a gun in this country than getting a welfare check.

Please, sell your guns and never buy one again, society will be better off if your itchy trigger fingers never come near a gun again.

You do know you're not in Smack Down, right? Your post will be gone in the morning and you will likely be banned.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
LEOs aren't the same as you and I in that they go through extensive training for many types of high adrenaline situations. They are capable of handling situations far better (in MOST cases) than the average Joe out there with a CWP. Like RDJ was saying, if you pull your gun out with no intent to use it, it's possible you will hesitate and it could cost you your life. I just see no need to pull out a firearm unless you have no other way out and are protecting your life. It should always be a last resort.

Yes. This is very sound logic, and 110% accurate in my opinion as well. Guns are not toys.
Guns are not to show off.
Guns are not to threaten.
Guns are not for idiots.
People kill people, not guns.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
You do know you're not in Smack Down, right? Your post will be gone in the morning and you will likely be banned.

Guns aren't toys and toys aren't guns. I'll vocalize my concerns. Thanks for the heads up though, u did go a little too far.

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
this post has gotten out of hand. i have gotten my answer and am content. thank you for all the responses.

txyaloo

Established Member
Guns aren't toys and toys aren't guns. I'll vocalize my concerns. Thanks for the heads up though, u did go a little too far.

Please. 95% of my guns are toys. 5% are tools.

I bet the majority of the population buys guns a toys and not tools.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

Target shooting is fun, but you always treat a gun with respect. I understand where you're coming from but I meant you shouldn't play tough guy with a gun. Responsibly shooting guns out on ranges is not what I meant by guns being toys.

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
Do LEOs not use their weapons as deterrents/methods to scare?

Nukes are used as deterrents...

Cops carry firearms for one reason only... To shoot a bad guy before they can kill/seriously harm anyone. If the bad guy happens to comply before getting shot, the better; however deterrence/scaring is not why our weapons are drawn.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Cops carry firearms for one reason only... To shoot a bad guy before they can kill/seriously harm anyone.
careful tt will start calling you a sociopath.

Satyr

Established Member
Nukes are used as deterrents...

Cops carry firearms for one reason only... To shoot a bad guy before they can kill/seriously harm anyone. If the bad guy happens to comply before getting shot, the better; however deterrence/scaring is not why our weapons are drawn.

If the bad guy complies before getting shot, does that not mean that your drawn firearm deterred them from some action? No matter the intention of your draw, if the person stops what they're doing and prevents you from having to shoot them, then they have been deterred from harming anyone by your firearm.

However, I do see your point and I understand the general use of a firearm for police; additionally, my comparing civilians with a CHL with LEOs is a stretch that is inaccurate in most cases.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Do LEOs not use their weapons as deterrents/methods to scare?

Absolutely not.

If me pointing my firearm at you scares and deters you then that's just wonderful and may be an added effect. But last time I checked you can still be killed by someone who is scared.

My weapon is drawn when I determine there is the possibility of a threat. For my safety and others. If that possibility would escalate into an imminent threat of serious physical harm/death I would take the appropriate action necessary to neutralize the threat. I would need to determine what the threat level is and what is a reasonable use of force.

In your home you are not held to that high standard. The single action of someone unlawfully entering your home satisfies those requirements.

You are not required to hold a conversation with a home invader to determine his threat level. Nor are you required to attempt to scare him away first. I'm pretty sure he might not be the most honest person anyway, so his word shouldn't mean much.

excerpt from Ohio Revised Code:

Sec 2925.05 (B)(1) Subject to division (B)(2) of this section, a person is presumed to have acted in self defense or defense of another when using defensive force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to another if the person against whom the defensive force is used is in the process of unlawfully and without privilege to do so entering, or has unlawfully and without privilege to do so entered, the residence or vehicle occupied by the person using the defensive force.

The same applies to protection of innocent occupants and your defense of them.

Last edited:

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member

wish i had the money to buy toys. i only have my deer rifle, shotgun for birds, and my pistol. have a barrette 6.8 as my only toy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread