Firearm question (Army)

03cobraracer

Established Member
hey guys as most of you know im leaving for basic in a few weeks, got a quick question though. i have my own springfield 9mm pistol(and legal of coarse lol). im going active duty so what will i do with it once im living on post somewhere in the barracks? will they lock it up somewhere in a armory or something? just not sure of how that would work. or am i better off selling it if its alot of trouble. its gonna be locked up here at home while im gone, but i dont wanna leave it here for the 5 years the Army owns me lol.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
like it was said, you can get the base armory to lock it up for you.. or just leave it at home..

definitely DO NOT just enter the base with it and try to keep it hidden.. eventually you will get caught and in BIG trouble..

03cobraracer

Established Member
thanks for the info guys! oh trust me i would never try to sneak it in its not that important to have it with me. if i were to bring it on post how do you get a gun to another state? i doubt you could fly with it! LOL. i guess have it shipped or something

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
thanks for the info guys! oh trust me i would never try to sneak it in its not that important to have it with me. if i were to bring it on post how do you get a gun to another state? i doubt you could fly with it! LOL. i guess have it shipped or something

Guns can be transported in checked baggage.

Users who are viewing this thread