firewall adjuster and quadrant

2la8iwon

Established Member
I finally installed my adjuster and quad today. It still doesnt feel right I dont know if i did something wrong. I adjusted it so the clutch engages about 2 inches off the floor but i think the clutch has a little to much play, it seems to floppy. when I tried to adjust it I put the stock cable on 2nd prong on my quad and now there is still some slack on the cable when you go in the engine bay. you can actually pull on the cable and pull it out about a 1/4 of a inch but if i adjust it anymore with the adjuster the clutch engages to high.Has anybody else had a problem like this.Could my clutch be bad i was told by jason that might be my problem when my origial problem started.

TRBO VNM

first of all you should have it engaging higher up. so you need to unscrew the adjuster and tighten up the cable. you want the clutch pedal to be somewhat loose for the first 1" or so you depress it. by the clutch grabbing higher up it allows you to shift faster. but you don't want it too high up or the TBO will be riding on the pressure plate and that isn't good.

Users who are viewing this thread