First 2015 Shelby GT350R-C Race

EditorTurner

Established Member
0 2015 Shelby GT350R-C Debut Race Featured.jpg
Saturated Start
The Shelby GT350R-C qualifies on the pole and finishes fourth in the rain
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Ford Motor Company and IMSA

It was a busy weekend for the Ford Performance Shelby GT350R. While the former Stig, Ben Collins, was ripping a prototype up the Goodwood hill across the pond, the competition version made its racing debut in IMSA’s Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge. Backed by Multimatic Motorsports, two Shelby GT350R-Cs saw their first racing action at Watkins Glen International raceway.
Continue reading →

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I tried desperately to find that race over the weekend, but apparently Dish Network doesn't even carry that racing series. :'( I'll have to wait for IMSA to upload the race to Youtube. Couldn't even watch it live on their website.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Can they specifically restrict the 350, or would some type of restriction apply across the board?

Yes they can restrict just one type of car if it is deemed to have an unfair advantage over the rest of the competition. They have restricted the Boss cars more also the last few years to try and even out the field.

AZBOSS

Established Member
Very excited to see them at Mosport (hopefully in the dry). Very good first outing for the car; I had hoped it would have been ready in time for Daytona or Sebring but whatever.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Yep, it was televised yesterday. I watched it and was disappointed in the race overall. Rained the whole time.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
So if the Shelby GT350R finished 4th, who finished 1st, 2nd and 3rd?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I believe it was Camaro, 911, 350Z, respectively. The GT350R-C would've finished first or second, but that drive-through penalty really hurt them.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I believe it was Camaro, 911, 350Z, respectively. The GT350R-C would've finished first or second, but that drive-through penalty really hurt them.

Did you get to watch the race? I am hoping to see a copy of it later..

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Yes, I watched it Sunday. Don't feel too bad if you miss it. They barely showed the GT350R-C, even when it was leading the race.

Users who are viewing this thread