First 8 Second C6Z06!!! PUMP GAS !!!

Demonio1023

Established Member
1157 bulb>ls7

LOL The owner originally posted on the corvette forum and one of his quotes was something like, "After 20,000 views on you tube all everyone tells me is that my tail light is out." hahahha :lol:

Bad ass car tho! :rockon:

Last edited:

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
all it is is a c6z shell and frame. rest of the car is aftermarket. what do you expect from built motor, tons of boost, built auto, built rear, fuel system, and 3000lbs?

turbosaleen

Established Member
pssst: why are you always so negative? Give the dude props, give anyone props for once.

nothing negative about it simply pointing out TRUTHFULLY that meth injection is exactly the same thing as race fuel

octane enchancement.. wich is the reason its not allowed at the pump gas drags.

so to say its a pump gas car is not true unless hes not using the meth ..

meth is a high octane high latency of heat obsorbtion fluid injected to raise the octan and lower combustion chamber temps.

guess what race fuel is ... the same thing .. only difference is they used meth injected with a seperate nozle instead of using the injector to inject straight race fuel.

in my opinion a car running meth is no different then a car running race fuel mixed with pump gas. as both are doing the exact same thing mizxing two different fuels in order to controll detonation.

the car is sick and dam fast .. just saying "pump gas" is a bit misleading.

turbosaleen

Established Member
I can see what you are saying, but you can get pump gas and meth (washer fluid) at ANY gas station in the country, while 100+ octane fuel can be hard to come by.

U&M NO YOU CANT and you realize you can prety much only get the 30 + percent meth content washer fluids at truck stops right ?

in fact it would be easier for me to buy 100 octane race unleaded out of a pump here in texas then to find the high meth content washer fluid you use up north.

The reason meth is in washer fluid is to stop it freezeing most of the washer fluid in the south hardly contains any meth. you dont get into the good meth amounts till its rated for a -30 degree freeze point read the label next time before you blow the car up ../ < already had one customer destroy his engine this way by thinking he could just buy washer fluid >

also the car has to be tuned for exactly the same mix you are using so you go buying washer fluid your getting a different mix each time unless you are buyiing the exact same brand in the exact same freezing point grade.

Last edited:

Mike_Galimi

Established Member
nothing negative about it simply pointing out TRUTHFULLY that meth injection is exactly the same thing as race fuel

octane enchancement.. wich is the reason its not allowed at the pump gas drags.

so to say its a pump gas car is not true unless hes not using the meth ..

meth is a high octane high latency of heat obsorbtion fluid injected to raise the octan and lower combustion chamber temps.

guess what race fuel is ... the same thing .. only difference is they used meth injected with a seperate nozle instead of using the injector to inject straight race fuel.

in my opinion a car running meth is no different then a car running race fuel mixed with pump gas. as both are doing the exact same thing mizxing two different fuels in order to controll detonation.

the car is sick and dam fast .. just saying "pump gas" is a bit misleading.

The price is way different...even when you factor in the cost for the system.

turbosaleen

Established Member
Was a track rental. The car made like 3 more hp on meth.

if you are not just full of crap then his tuner should be FIRED
proper meth injection is equal to nearly 118 octane its almost dead nuts equal with c-16 race fuel for power potential and detonation resistance.

proven over and over on my dyno.. i just hate itbecause if your pump goes out your engines gone.

61mmstang94

Established Member
all it is is a c6z shell and frame. rest of the car is aftermarket. what do you expect from built motor, tons of boost, built auto, built rear, fuel system, and 3000lbs?
Well you have a built V8 with a built rear, etc. and a turbo and your car barely goes that fast in the 1/8th so go figure...

turbosaleen

Established Member
The price is way different...even when you factor in the cost for the system.

how do you say that ?

meth system about 800 bucks

nitrous system about 800 bucks

methonal about 10 bucks a gallon.. you dilute it with water but you also will usualy use more meth then you will the race fuel because you use it any time you are on it since the car has to have that octane under loadl.

c-16 about 10 bucks a gallon only gets used when the nitrous is used since you dont have to have the octane unless you got the juice going.

in the nitrous setup you also have the advantage of being able to run the car off the bottle not using your race fuel.

and in my opinion its safer as you dont use any of that fuel just driving around like alot of meth systems will at part throttle medium load situations so you KNOW you got fuel in that tank unless you been spraying it.

Last edited:

mr2cam

Established Member
I use methanol injection for two purposes, one to cool my intake charge due to my shitty sidemount intercooler, and two to add fuel to turn the boost up (only have 550cc injectors and I havn't had time to buy bigger injectors or tune my car for them). I do agree that it can be very dangerous if your pump dies, I use a very small amount, I do 50/50 water/meth injection with a small nozzle, seems to work great so far.

Last edited:

mr2cam

Established Member
how do you say that ?

meth system about 800 bucks

nitrous system about 800 bucks

methonal about 10 bucks a gallon.. you dilute it with water but you also will usualy use more meth then you will the race fuel because you use it any time you are on it since the car has to have that octane under loadl.

c-16 about 10 bucks a gallon only gets used when the nitrous is used since you dont have to have the octane unless you got the juice going.

in the nitrous setup you also have the advantage of being able to run the car off the bottle not using your race fuel.

and in my opinion its safer as you dont use any of that fuel just driving around like alot of meth systems will at part throttle medium load situations so you KNOW you got fuel in that tank unless you been spraying it.

Holy shit do they mark up meth down there like crazy? I buy M1 methanol from VP racing, it was like 5.xx a gallon, I also have a friend that buys even cheaper methanol that is cheaper then even pump gas, not sure what octane it gives him but he will run 25psi on his car (takes me 110octane to reach that) with a sidemount and has no issues with knock.

Mike_Galimi

Established Member
For one thing, they don't run nitrous. They have a meth kit onboard. There is a nitrous spray bar deal on the intercooler to chill the temps down. They drove the car over an hour to Atco and back home. Even at 23 mpg, things get expensive at 10 bucks a gallon!

How are things with your drag radial ride?

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

WTF are you talking about? :nonono: It's still using a C6Z suspension, block, rear-end and full weight interior. It has a built motor, blower and automatic trans, that doesn't make it a race car in a C6Z shell, (if that's what you're trying to infer). :smmon: BTW, I seriously doubt that car weighs 3000lbs, with the forged internals, blower and supporting mods I bet it's closer to 3200lbs+.

Last edited:

lemons12

Established Member
if i had a built rear my car would be alot faster in the 1/8th. I was launching at 2k rpm with no boost off the line...so go figure that!

i dont believe you are actually posting this in a thread about an 8 sec street car..
facepalm-face-palm-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1223672935.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread