First attempt with Menzerna/Clearkote & PC7424

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Gave it a shot with my father's 91 Lincoln. Car was repainted a good 4-5 years ago but has taken a beating outside underneath the trees. The color is black with some metallic in the paint which was always hard to see.

All the products were purchased from Scott and I waited patiently at the front door all day today for my PC and polishes!! Thank goodness they only arrived 15 min apart from one another! :banana:

Steps taken:

1) Handwash in the garage since it's below 20 degrees outside
2) 3m clay bar w/ quik detail as lubricant
3) SIP with orange pad
4) Nano with white pad
5) Alcohol wipe down
6) Red Moose Glaze with blue pad
7) Carnauba Moose Wax by hand with little red pad

I only did the hood since it was an experiment and besides a few marks in the paint and me being a newb at this, the paint came out great!!! My father was extremely skeptical about burning his $3,000 paint job but loved it after I got all done.

Before:

214556.jpg

214557.jpg

After:

214558.jpg

Not a bad reflection huh?

214559.jpg

Thank you Scott for these wonderful products and great pricing!!!!

214560.jpg

Thank you to SVTPerformance and those who post their recommendations on products. I never thought I would actually enjoy spending hours upon hours detailing a car! :beer:

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Menzerna is the best, there products are getting more publicity which is good, i just hope the prices stay the same or go lower! Great detail.

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks!! Honestly the paint looked almost this good after I got done with the SIP on the orange pad and nothing else. Great stuff!!

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
what speeds where you using with what polish?

For both polishes I had the PC on Speed 5. The glaze I used speed 3 just to apply it.

There are still some scratches in the paint that I can see under my flourescent light that must be a bit deeper than I can get out with my technique/products. Not sure what it would take to get them out but it's 99% better and all the swirls are gone!!

Honestly it looks flawless in the pictures, but it is very hard to photograph the light scratching i'm talking about.

Thanks for the kind comments!

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Looks good. Don't be afraid of speed 6....really takes it to break Menz. down the way it should.

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Looks good. Don't be afraid of speed 6....really takes it to break Menz. down the way it should.

Just the sound alone the PC made on speed 6 made me cringe. :lol1:

Will give it a shot though on less expensive paint first to see what kind of damage it can do (no pun intended).

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
looks good. Might want to work in the Menzerna a little bit longer b/c it seems theres some slight hazing.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
looks good. Might want to work in the Menzerna a little bit longer b/c it seems theres some slight hazing.

+1. That is really where speed 6 comes in handy with a PC. Dont be afraid of the noise. I was at first and the job took much longer than it should have. Only downfall to Speed 6 especially with a Orange pad is the vibrations after working for a few hours on end can be a huge PITA. leaves the whole arm feeling like jello.

SSSLAV8

Established Member
Just the sound alone the PC made on speed 6 made me cringe. :lol1:

Will give it a shot though on less expensive paint first to see what kind of damage it can do (no pun intended).

I have a PC but I haven't used it yet. I have been told that you can hold it on your car in one spot and that it will not harm your paint because it's orbital?????

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
im sure you could hurt the paint with a PC. You just really have to try hard.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
im sure you could hurt the paint with a PC. You just really have to try hard.

You'd get bored of holding it in one spot before it hurt the paint. Not enough RPM...

6 is necessary to break down Menz. fully and get the most correction. Apply modest pressure to the head of the machine; a lot of guys prefer to take the handle off as it acts as more of a tuning fork and is smoother without it.

Users who are viewing this thread