First Drag Times In 99 Cobra :-)

Z06KILR

Established Member
Hey all...
I went out to the drag strip for the first time in my baby...stock with the expection of a K&N filter. I ran her at Milan in some cool weather and managed a best of13.78@104 with a 2.40ft. I will have to work on launching her, obviously, maybe get some Drag Radials....but i dont want to break any halfshafts :( Overall im very happy with the times...the car is a lot of fun! :) Take care all..

SVTman74

stupid people make me mad
Established Member
z06 kilr huh?

Is your car black?? I was at milan today also and saw a black new edge cobra but didn't see the run, saw ya pull up though. I was running my black t-bird sc....with crappy times I should be getting 14.7s but the heat and humidity was a killer.

Onto your name though The red z06 there was running 12.9s all day hehe so ya got some work to do good luck :)

Mowgli

Established Member
Be nice. He's a new member.

Do LS1 trolls really have to come in here without anything worth saying?

Don't you have enough fun over on the corral? This board's fairly new, and still useful. Please don't come in here and flood it with BS.

Not that either of you two did too bad here, but I can see it starting.

So, Cork, Bottle, Plug.

Mowgli

Established Member
And Z06Kilr, don't let the trolls bug you.

13.78@104 with a 2.40ft? Not bad for a first run. Get that 60ft down and you'll see some nice times. Welcome to the board.

sroemen99cobra

13.78 isn't bad at all... i wish my car ran that on friday...

82 degrees, 82% humidity.... 14.5 at 97 MPH with a 2.5 60ft... :xpl: i REALLY need practice.. but this was my first time too.

i think if it was cooler, and less humid and i don't get excited and dump the clutch i'll get those times.

Z06KILR

Established Member
wow 2.5 60' thats horrible! the heat/humitidy will KILL your times dont sweat it man...just practice launching and slipping the clutch and youll be in the mid/low 13's in no time.

I havent been to these forums since i posted the thread I didnt know I was getting ripped on, haha. I'm under this name on the corral and ls1. This run was a stock run to see how i could do before i started modifying. I'm putting a TDC Stage II turbo on the car...thats where i get the name..., i'll welcome any more LMAO :beer: :nono:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Don't worry, it's the milan curse. The second time I ever ran down a dragstrip it was at St. Thomas in Ontario and I ran [email protected], and in the 2(waste of crowded ass track) times and maybe 7 or 8 milan passes since the best I've managed is a 13.1 at 110 :shrug:
Milan blows!

LSs1Power

Established Member
Originally posted by GTFORDIFIED
The "Throlls" are here 'cause there jealous of the new '03!
Hows that for lamo lsxpower........

Ur funny. Hey, I'm not a troll and I'm not a Anti Mustang guy. By the way i owned a 99 Cobra before my LS1. Anyways I laughed because if I run 13's i won't be saying I'm a GT2 killer. Got my point silly. And the guy said he called his car ZO6Klr because he will have a TDC II kit which will make him a ZO6 killer.

blackfang

Established Member
Nice runs. Just keep up the practicing, it will pay off. I now have my 97 Cobra with mufflers, a filter and a o/r h pipe to a 13.8 on street tires. Once i get weather cooler then 80 degrees and 75%+ humidity, times will improve. Just stick with it.

Users who are viewing this thread