First Dyno Run -- Stock and K&N

bluecoupdegrace

Established Member
Went to Crazy Horse Racing (110 Main Street, South Amboy, NJ, 732-553-9050) this AM for my first Dyno Run. Took my 17-year old son along.

http://www.crazyhorseracing.com/

Chris Winter, the owner, performed the run and was extremely courteous, helpful, and best of all, informative.

Best of two runs was:

355.2HP and 353.6 Torque.

Chris then removed the air silencer and replaced the stock air filter with a K&N and the numbers were:

363.6HP and 356.5 Torque.

I kept the K&N and did not put the silencer back in place. The blower sound is much more noticeable, and for some reason seems to help me cut the shifts a little closer since I rely on the sound now before I check the tack for the red line.

Chris also pointed out to me how the SVT engineers built in a very rich air/fuel ration at the top-end rpms, which leaves a lot of room for adjustment.

Needless to say, I am very happy to have my investment technically documented as the real deal.

Chris Winter was very informative pretty much sensing that there was a lot I was not aware of and he took the time to explain some basics about the blower and the fuel-injection system. He is one of those guys worth their weight in gold who has "been there, done that," (sometimes at great pain and expense as he related in a few anecdotes).

As an added bonus to the father-son bonding experience, the next guy to dyno was a '68 Shelby GT500 with a 428CJ w/ a 350 Holly Carb. He made 299 HP and 350 Torque first run. I got to regale my son with stories of my '70 MachI 428CJ and I may have exaggerated a little on that point !

Next step: Magnaflow catback sometime after 10/1. I'm going in on the group buy.

Somebody pinch me -- I'm livin' a dream !!

Rwick7

Established Member
I can't wait to have those afternoons with my 10 month old son...you brought a little tear to my eye.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Outstanding numbers, dude. Almost identical to mine :-D How many miles on the ticker?

And wow. What a nice Shelby :beer:

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
I did a dyno with and without the silencer and produced almost 4 HP more without the silencer and about 1.5 ft/lbs of torque. So a K&N without silencer is a nice cheap pick-up!

Users who are viewing this thread