First hillclimb, Polish Mountain '09

FX-Man

Driving the Uber Fairmont
Established Member
As far as I know the first 03Cobra to run with the PHA, This is a middle speed run about 67seconds, my best was a 65 but the cam batt was dead. Awesomely fun.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iDkv8rxGa8"]YouTube - polishmountainrun[/ame]

Last edited:

David Hester

Established Member
Great fun!
I scare myself at least once or twice every time I do one.

I've said it before, but Hillclimbs are for MANLY men, none of that wussy runoff stuff you see at race tracks. Noticed you do have guardrails...kinda wussy, but still more manly that tracks. :-D
I've been racing for years, but did the last 2 Chimney Rocks in NC ('94-'95) and dozens of hillclimbs since. Would like to do Mt Washington one of these days.
This is one we do in the fall in Alabama.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85XPgiTLa_o&feature=related"]YouTube - Crow Mountain 2007[/ame]
Around 1:24-1:29 is a left right left right. I got all 4 wheels of the ground in the Mustang one year. Not a good idea.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTtlRjPOerc&feature=related"]YouTube - Crow Mountain 100106 Pt.2[/ame]

2:23-2:49 is us in the Mustang.

Last edited:

Lumpydogs

Established Member
Hill Climbs look like an insane addrenaline rush.:rockon: I can appreciate the Manly Man claim. Great videos, thanks for sharing.

FX-Man

Driving the Uber Fairmont
Established Member
That looks like a kick ass hill Dave! :rockon: What is that a three minute something run? How many miles? The longest PHA hill is Duryea which is 2 something miles which generally works out to a two minute run.

David Hester

Established Member
Crow Mountain Hill Climb serves up a challenging 1.85 mile uphill course with a 720 foot elevation change featuring 7 hairpin switchbacks nestled between a ¼ mile twisty drag race to the first turn, a ½ mile section with 3 separate "S" features, some 1/8 mile sprints, and a 6/10 mile high speed curved section with two blind left-handers. The course is fully lined with ditches, granite rock faces, and large trees which offer no margin for error. Most drivers say it was the fastest and scariest two minutes of their life.
1:28 is my fastest time and A/Sedan record
Fastest ever was George Bowland 1:04.2

NJ 03Mach1

Hillclimbers do it better
Established Member
I can't wait till I have the $ again, I ran last year with the PHA I've only done one event so far this year... I'll be doing Fall Weatherly though!!

The Pitts crew is a bunch of great guys...

David Hester

Established Member
Good news bad news this weekend from Crow Mountain Hillclimb.
Got down to a 1:25, new class record, 8th overall in the new car.
Lost a long time friend and competitor from injuries suffered in an off during the hillclimb yesterday.

He was 66.

Y'all be careful. Real careful and tell your family and friends how you luv em often.
Never know when they won't be around. Rough weekend.

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Dave - in your last video @ 2.23 looked like a Fox Body TBird?

Users who are viewing this thread