First kill in the cobra audi s4

cobrabitten

Established Member
i just recently bought my 03. i used to own an e36 m3 with alot of mods...so i have a few friends with m's and s4's. anyways a buddy called me and said he his cousin with his stage 2+ s4 wanted to run em. so we did. we did a second gear roll. i instantly pulled him about half a car length. then shifted to 3rd and pulled a full car. and i got cut off by a mack truck so i had to break. then we did another one. i banged it off the rev limiter in every gear.(used to the high revs of my m3) so i still pulled about 3 quarter car lenght on him and held it......either way it was my worst driving and i still won. i was pretty impressed by his car. and mine just the same. MODS are cat back,o/r h pipe and a junk cold air intake with no shield i think its an older k&n. so all in all i think i did ok. not great but ok. but i still won. and a win is win. haha :D

cobrabitten

Established Member
dont under estimate those cars though. they are fast. and they weigh about the same as our cars. anyways i should have pulled him better but it was horrible driving on my part.

cobrabitten

Established Member
thanks man,i just cant get over how that thing kept up. and how crappy my driving was haha. but its the first run with the car. i have been trying to take it easy on it till i do some mods. like irs brace etc. dont wanna break anything this early

caz713

Established Member
nice kill!

yellowbra said:
nice i've been wanting to run a newer S4 for a while. Now i know where i should stand.

the new S4s aren't that fast in stock or near stock form, i can pull on them so i know you wouldn't have any trouble... it's the slightly older biturbo S4s that you need to look out for!

Last edited:

cobrabitten

Established Member
caz713 said:
nice kill!

the new S4s aren't that fast in stock or near stock form, i can pull on them so i know you wouldn't have any trouble... it's the slightly older biturbo S4s that you need to look out for!

ya like what he said the new s4's are obviously n/a. so the older bi turbo's modded are a better contender for our cars. the car i raced was a stage 2+ 2001 and a 1/2 and its a peach. thing only has like 24k on it.:poke:

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
yea those s4's are pretty damn quick i was neck neck with one the other night however i had 4 people in the goat and he was by himself and he was putting around 350-360 to the wheels

ibepressin

Established Member
I had a few good runs with my exneighbors v8 s4 and it really was'nt that fast. I mean it's not civic slow but not in cobra territory at all. This was a bone stock s4 also.

primetime

Established Member
caz713 said:
nice kill!

:thumbsup: Exactly! Unfortunately mine is an auto(got a deal I couldn't pass on) but still fun. I ran a 13.8 with just a chip, good conditions, and a great track(norwalk). My buddy has a 01 with K04 turbos, rs4 intercoolers, downpipes, exhaust, shifter, clutch, supporting mods, and a race gas tune(lots of dyno time). Car has run an 11.4 at 119.xx. Not the fastest but pretty damn good for a 4-door, 6 banger!

Awesome car you have by the way!

cobrabitten, Nice runs. Race him from a dig and let us know what happens. later Ron

primetime

Established Member
caz713 said:
nice kill!

:thumbsup: Exactly! Unfortunately mine is an auto(got a deal I couldn't pass on) but still fun. I ran a 13.8 with just a chip, good conditions, and a great track(norwalk). My buddy has a 01 with K04 turbos, rs4 intercoolers, downpipes, exhaust, shifter, clutch, supporting mods, and a race gas tune(lots of dyno time). Car has run an 11.4 at 119.xx. Not the fastest but pretty damn good for a 4-door, 6 banger!

cobrabitten, Nice runs. Race him from a dig and let us know what happens. later Ron

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Congrats on the car. Did your buds think you made a mistake buying the Cobra?

caz713

Established Member
primetime said:

thanks man!

i really like the S4s BTW... i think they are great cars and i absolutely love nogaro blue!

Users who are viewing this thread