First Kill with a weekend DD

Jon98Stang

Established Member
I use the 04 Ram with a Hemi every once in a while if i don't feel like driving the slow ass mustang.

Anyways, it was a Turbo'd Audi. Not sure of what it was because i didn't get behind him:banana:

But anyways my buddy and I were heading out to a local mud hole to party and just chill with some friends from school. I look over and spotted the car and smiled. I left the light kinda hard, not redlining or anything and i hear his turbo spool up and he started gaining on me, i floored it and pass him like he was standing still.

MY buddy said the look on his face was priceless. He said he had a smirk on his face until i passed him, then he just looked away

lol.

Another kill was actually on I4 heading back from the mudhole, truck was completly muddy and still has mud inside tires and mud falling on the tires going down the road. Anyways.

Look to be a 86 GT ( probably not a PI Swap ) and we slowed to a 40, He honked and i spun like ****ing crazy because of the mud. it somewhat got sideways kinda scared me, lol. But when i got traction the little truck pulled hard as hell. Passed him and we both let off when i was about 2 cars ahead.

canadianbullitt

Established Member
He was playing with you! I have an 05 with a hemi and trust me. Our trucks arent even remotly fast for being trucks. Unless your highly modded of course

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Assuming it was an A4 with the 1.8T (Only factory turbo motor that would be in an Audi, unless it was an old Audi), stock for stock your truck and that car would be about the same. If you heard the turbo, then chances are it was modded. Intake at the least, more than likely a tune as well. A tune on the 1.8T motors gives them about 60 hp and 100 ft/lbs.

He either got out of it, or was never really trying.

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
An Audi vs. a Ram?

I am sure he was stunned. He did not think either of your sh!tty vehicles would go 60 feet without the aid of a tow truck.

I owned a 2005 Ram. It was crap. I hope Chrysler goes out of business. They deserve to.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
I don't know what's up with yours but my '05 Ram has 87K trouble free miles on it. I ran a 1.8T lightly modded Jetta once. I had him by two cars or so till 80. Once the Ram shifted to 3rd it was like I hit a brick wall and he beat me by two at the 1/4 mile mark. Anything can happen on the street.

Jon98Stang

Established Member
I don't know what's up with yours but my '05 Ram has 87K trouble free miles on it. I ran a 1.8T lightly modded Jetta once. I had him by two cars or so till 80. Once the Ram shifted to 3rd it was like I hit a brick wall and he beat me by two at the 1/4 mile mark. Anything can happen on the street.

That's what this one does. But idk why 1-2nd into third it does quite well.

I don't drive the truch much just because it's a work truck and sometimes a DD on the weekends. It does good in the mud even with 2WD lol.

90lxstang

Established Member
I have never ran a hemi truck, but I have had a few runs with a 1.8t A4 Audi with some mods. My 5.0 with just suspension/exhaust took him by about 2-3 cars to 100 each and every time which was when we shut down. I have never been on a dyno or to the track, so I have no clue where my car actually stands. Cool lookin car regardless.

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Assuming it was an A4 with the 1.8T (Only factory turbo motor that would be in an Audi, unless it was an old Audi), stock for stock your truck and that car would be about the same. If you heard the turbo, then chances are it was modded. Intake at the least, more than likely a tune as well. A tune on the 1.8T motors gives them about 60 hp and 100 ft/lbs.

He either got out of it, or was never really trying.

To the op like most have said, it sounds like the Audi was playing with you- he might have just not wanted to waste his gas.

Rotor_powerd- there are several other current factory turboed Audis- S4, A6, RS4, RS6, - just to name a few. Not only is there the 1.8T there is also the 2.7TT (V6), 4.2TT (V8), and lets not forget the V10TT:rockon:

Last edited:

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
To the op like most have said, it sounds like the Audi was playing with you- he might have just not wanted to waste his gas.

Rotor_powerd- there are several other current factory turboed Audis- S4, A6, RS4, RS6, - just to name a few. Not only is there the 1.8T there is also the 2.7TT (V6), 4.2TT (V8), and lets not forget the V10TT:rockon:

The V10TT in the new RS6 is SICK!

2tonOfun

Established Member
" First Kill with a weekend DD "

So, does that get driven daily, or only on the weekend?

And you passed him like he was standing still?

:bs:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member

I would say he ran into an A4, as the B5 S4's (2.7TT) are fairly rare, and would walk all over a Ram. An RS4 or RS6 would have been quite rare to run into as well, and would have definitely ran away from the Ram.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I would say he ran into an A4, as the B5 S4's (2.7TT) are fairly rare, and would walk all over a Ram. An RS4 or RS6 would have been quite rare to run into as well, and would have definitely ran away from the Ram.

Definitely.....had an 03 RS6 and like a dumb*&^ I traded down to a regular A6:nonono:

Was sooooo nice- when it ran that is.... definitely a money pit.

There is actually a S4 2.7TT for sale here locally. Go figure.

Last edited:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
2.7TT's are absolute beasts once you get rid of the KO3 turbos that like to grenade themselves with any mods. Too bad a turbo replacement requires pulling the motor. Very torquey motors though, and have tons of potential.

Moparkidd

can i get a check 1,2 uhh
Established Member
i have an 07 silverado 2wd with a few little things done to it, and i raced my buddies hemi that has gears intake and exhaust and ate his lunch, with his mods, and his is a 2wd regular cab short bed, he only ran 9.5 in the 1/8.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
bsflag.gif

Jon98Stang

Established Member
" First Kill with a weekend DD "

So, does that get driven daily, or only on the weekend?

And you passed him like he was standing still?

:bs:

Ether way, still beat him to the next light. And he was on it, Trust me when a car stays with you while your flooring it, they are too.

i have an 07 silverado 2wd with a few little things done to it, and i raced my buddies hemi that has gears intake and exhaust and ate his lunch, with his mods, and his is a 2wd regular cab short bed, he only ran 9.5 in the 1/8.

It is meh okay, but slow as balls when it hits 3rd unless your already doing 80

BS about what? I have said none.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
my buddy has an 04 ram hemi sport.. when I was N/A he would keep up till 3rd gear..

His was bone stock at the time.. Depending on the audi, I could believe it.

Users who are viewing this thread