First mods checklist

B.LaCe

Established Member
I've placed my first order for mods for my 2011 SVT GT500. My goal is to, eventually, upgrade the supercharger so I'm using this as the first step. I wanted a louder, cleaner sounding car... the Flowmasters weren't for me. I was leaning towards Borla ATAK mufflers but my installer kinda talked me out of it. The work is being done by a very reputable Mustang guy here in Pittsburgh: Mike @ Wolfpack Speed Performance. Let me know what you think... I realize exhaust is a personal preference, just wondering if they are any smaller mods I should add to this list before I drop the car off. Thanks, heres the list:

Kooks 1 7/8" Long tube headers
Kooks off road H-pipe
JLT Big Air Intake
SCT X4
Gt500 Racing Mufflers (replacing Flowmasters that the first owner installed)
Lund Racing Tune

Fang

Established Member
MGW shifter is a must! That was my first mod and most needed. Always grinding second gear.

B.LaCe

Established Member
Good call! I had that on my list for the next "stage" but it may be a necessity as I have issues with 5th more than anything.

slowbra1

Established Member
Good call! I had that on my list for the next "stage" but it may be a necessity as I have issues with 5th more than anything.

1st Mod, was a pulley and tune, second mod was a TVS, 3rd was a Barton Shifter, JLT123, TB, now I must have a MGW2.

So I know the mod flu symptoms there is no known cure for this progressive bug.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Good list exept forget the jlt until you get a bigger blower, power gain will be nothing. Pulley it instead and get new rear tires or none of those initial mods will matter.

Fang

Established Member
Good list exept forget the jlt until you get a bigger blower, power gain will be nothing. Pulley it instead and get new rear tires or none of those initial mods will matter.

Agreed! Traction is already worthless....

B.LaCe

Established Member
I currently have Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3s on the car... I also ordered the MGW2. Didn't want to pulley it, new supercharger should be on in a matter of months.

tvspower

Established Member
Stop the headers/h pipe and the Jlt as already mentioned..... Put this money into suspension/ Try too master the power level you have now, improve your butt time with new tires and suspension.

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
Stop the headers/h pipe and the Jlt as already mentioned..... Put this money into suspension/ Try too master the power level you have now, improve your butt time with new tires and suspension.

I agree, suspension is the most important thing in a GT500. Get the whole thing and trust me you'll feel a huge difference.
My mod list went like this:
-LCA, UCA w/bracket, Heat exchanger
-MGW II, wattslink (instead of a pan hard bar)
-Power pack and tires are coming this summer

leviticus

Established Member
I had a set of flowmaster American thunders on mine and hated the sound, they had a constant drone in the cabin and no tone at all to the sound at anything above idle. Found a killer deal on Ataks on a forum and couldn't be happier, way quieter in the cabin, no drone, and sound great.
right now I have a 2.65 pulley 114mm intake, and tune from steeda. Next round of mods I would like to have a dyno tune just for peace of mind.. I will have to check out Wolf pack, im about 1.5hr from Pittsburgh. I was originally looking into Rodeheavers In Masontown, PA

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
What's the best list of suspension mods? Just looking to hook. It handles better then I will ever capitalize on!

What are your goals for the car? Drag, street, road race? You'll set up your suspension differently for each. However, a pretty common setup to get rid of wheel hop and to help hook a little better is the BMR upper control arm and mount, and the lower control arms with relocation brackets. If you are lowered you might need an adjustable panhard bar.
If your goal is to road race I'd talk to Van at Revan Racing so he can get you hooked up with the Griggs packages.
If you're going to be drag racing a lot the top suggestions still apply, but you'll want too look into springs, adjustable shocks and struts, tubular k member if you're wanting to start shedding weight, and of course a good set of slicks. Lol

B.LaCe

Established Member
I had a set of flowmaster American thunders on mine and hated the sound, they had a constant drone in the cabin and no tone at all to the sound at anything above idle. Found a killer deal on Ataks on a forum and couldn't be happier, way quieter in the cabin, no drone, and sound great.
right now I have a 2.65 pulley 114mm intake, and tune from steeda. Next round of mods I would like to have a dyno tune just for peace of mind.. I will have to check out Wolf pack, im about 1.5hr from Pittsburgh. I was originally looking into Rodeheavers In Masontown, PA

Thanks for the info! Mike at Wolfpack speed has been awesome so far and is VERY knowledgeable. I'm thinking I would like the ataks better. I'm gonna try my setup as ordered for a while but I have a feeling I'm gonna want it louder. We shall see.

B.LaCe

Established Member
What are your goals for the car? Drag, street, road race? You'll set up your suspension differently for each. However, a pretty common setup to get rid of wheel hop and to help hook a little better is the BMR upper control arm and mount, and the lower control arms with relocation brackets. If you are lowered you might need an adjustable panhard bar.
If your goal is to road race I'd talk to Van at Revan Racing so he can get you hooked up with the Griggs packages.
If you're going to be drag racing a lot the top suggestions still apply, but you'll want too look into springs, adjustable shocks and struts, tubular k member if you're wanting to start shedding weight, and of course a good set of slicks. Lol

Great info, thanks. This car will probably never see a track or strip. It's something for me to have some fun on the roads (within reason) after work/weekends. I would like to do some suspension work before the supercharger so I will take your advice and research the control arms, panhard, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread