first mods to do?

roostracing

Established Member
Hey guys...my names Joe and i post mainly on mach 1 sites because i have a mach 1. I should be selling it by the end of the week and will be buying an 03 cobra. The best i ran was an 11.93 @ 113.8 mph n/a on a STOCK motor.

With that being said...i wanna know from you cobra guys....what are the first mods to do other than live axle and suspension? I want to know what i need to do to get 500 rwhp on a stock eaton. What pulley combo? The suspension part i have down along with drivtrain. Also what k-member are you guys using? I have a qa-1 with bassani mid lengths and had some fitment issues with the headers. I was thinking upr with some hookers? Anyone have this and if so any complications?

So pulley, full exhaust, throttle body, cai, maf, ported blower?

Let me know guys...when i get the cobra, i just wanna dive right into it...i am trying to run a high 10 on the stock eaton!!

Thanks!!

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
take a peek at my sig... its a fairly common combo! Before a recent tune, i put down 486rwhp and 536rwtq.
You are gonna love the cobra man!!!

porsches4lunch

Established Member
Pulleys ( upper or lower ) a K & N Filter and a tune are the BEST money you could spend. Then of course is the exhaust, catback and X pipe and you are close to 500 RWHP/RWTQ

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
what i have seen, is if u tackle the air issue u will jump to near 500hp. try the jlt coldair intake, accufab t/b and plenum the porting on the eaton and a 2.93 pulley. with that and some bassani exhaust u should be at or very near 500. also think about the cooling issue, the eaton is a pig for heat so think of better h/e. i have that stuff on my car minus the accufab stuff, and i estimate 460/470, but i am gonna try to dyno it soon. ill let u know on the numbers.

porsches4lunch

Established Member
I am hoping to Dyno tomorrow with my mods and i will let you know. Regardless of how you go, GET A GOOD TUNE, it is CHEAP INSURANCE !!!!!

fourvalvegt

Established Member
i would do live axle with gears which means you will need at least a catback, id also do an x pipe, no headers, jlt, upper and lower pulley with some sticky tires and you should be pretty close if not there

Roushman

Tampa Whipped and more
Established Member
I make 500+ with steig 4,upper, 4lb lower,upper idler,steeda intake,prochamber mid, magnaflow cb, duel gt500 pumps, diablo chip, coastal tune

few other mods not hp related.

You can get very close very easily

Last edited:

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Roushman said:
I make 500+ with steig 4,upper, 4lb lower,upper idler,steeda intake,prochamber mid, magnaflow cb, duel gt500 pumps, diablo chip, coastal tune
Yes you're going to need an upper and a lower, plus a port probably to make 500 at the wheels. Not to mention the other fuel and air mods to support.

Users who are viewing this thread