First Pic Thread, First attempt at body work

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
So I've been on this site for a while now but never really posted anything. I recently decided to take a stab at my own body work and auto painting. I've tinted lights but never messed with the body. I picked up a used torch red bumper, side skirts from ford, and redfire side scoops off ebay. I ended up shaving the license plate holes, priming, and painting everything myself. Anyways onto pics from today:

1zebmgl.jpg

14d262p.jpg

2wn8e3a.jpg

ethaig.jpg

fuqnvl.jpg

k9j7du.jpg

2j3nswp.jpg

mn0hz.jpg

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
dont mean to hijack...but how difficult is it and what are the steps takin to tint my own taillights?

The vinyl overlays work well and are very simple. Or you can paint them with nightshades.

Either way, it's all in the prep work.

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
dont mean to hijack...but how difficult is it and what are the steps takin to tint my own taillights?

Prep with 800 wet, spray however many coats of nite shades as you want, spray coat of clear, wet sand, another coat of clear, wet sand, and more clear. Then a few days later wet sand and buff til no orange peel left and looks like glass.

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
I had overlay for a year. I couldn't stand the orange peel they showed on the lights so I ended up ripping them off and spraying them. Used about 5 coats of clear to leave plenty for wet sanding and polishing.

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
Thanks for all the compliments. I'm glad all that hard work sanding for hours finally went to good use haha.

Users who are viewing this thread