First Project Done on new daily driver

AROD

Established Member
My first project is completed on a long list of upgrades to come.
I powder coated the rims.
Here is a very dirty 1998 BMW 540iA with 55K miles.

CIMG2224.gif

CIMG2225.gif

CIMG2226.gif

CIMG2229.gif

CIMG2231.gif

CIMG2232.gif

CIMG2230.gif

Common

Established Member
Probably the ugliest wheels BMW has made in the last 15 years or so. You should have went with something different versus trying to powedercoat these. Bmw has so many nice wheels available for your car.

Common

Established Member
Common,

Daily driver. Not my money pit.

CIMG1994.gif

Hahaha, very true. Just saying......and if you could have sold these and add that powder coating money, you could have had some better BMW wheels, not oem, but still better looking. It's only a DD, right?

BTW, I want your wheels, just not the hassle they come with come cleaning time.:banana:

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
I dont think they are the ugliest wheels BMW has made. I like the color of them, nice car.

AROD

Established Member
Hahaha, very true. Just saying......and if you could have sold these and add that powder coating money, you could have had some better BMW wheels, not oem, but still better looking. It's only a DD, right?

BTW, I want your wheels, just not the hassle they come with come cleaning time.:banana:

LMAO....The rims were all messed up and the powder coat guys are friends of mine. It was cheaper than buying new BMW rims. Yes it is just a daily driver and the same crew powder coated my CCW's black...no big cleaning issues. :beer:

bergs

Established Member
nice daily, but the maintenance is expensive on those. my previous DD was a landrover, i had to get rid of it. european luxury cars are too damn expensive to keep up with

AROD

Established Member
nice daily, but the maintenance is expensive on those. my previous DD was a landrover, i had to get rid of it. european luxury cars are too damn expensive to keep up with

I know how to turn wrenches and ebay is a wonderfull place for parts. I will be fine. Thank you :burnout:

Common

Established Member

Well, it really depends what breaks. For example, my friend had to replace a fuel pump on his 1997 Lumina crappy ass DD, it was 425$:dw:

On the same thought, I have another friend, with a 1998 528BMW, his fuel pump also went out few months latter, and his was about 275$.

I really think that most people have NO clue when they say "oh imports are too expensive to fix".....truth is, they are comparable with most parts, especially common parts.

Now, the odd ball parts, some eletrical stuff, that can do you in. If you wrench on your own stuff, that shouldnt be a deterrent when buying a car.

Users who are viewing this thread