First run in the new cobra

i8urSS

Established Member
Just got my 98 a few weeks ago. Well right after Christmas that is. Anywho, I was up in VA for a conference and I was hanging out with my old roommate. We were heading back to his apt after grabbing some drinks and I pulled up next to a 3 valve. He must have seen me coming, because by the time I got be side him, he gave me a few revs and then dropped it down a couple of gears. So I obliged by dropping into third. This turned out to be a mistake because when we went for it, he pulled me pretty good.

I caught back up to him at the next light though and he told me he had longtubes, O/R X and cams, which explained why it sounded so good. I told him a little about mine and when the light turned green we went for it again. This time neither of us really got anywhere because with cold tires and cold ground all we did is spin. He slowed back down to do another roll though, and this time I dropped down to a more appropriate 2nd gear. He gave me the hit, probably from a little over confidence induced by the first race but not because of being cocky or anything. I jumped out to about half a car length and maintained that to the end of 4th.

Made me feel a lot better about the new snake. Never had any experience in these 4-valve sn-95's and I have to say I'm pretty satisfied. I thought he was gonna pull me again. Gotta say, these 4.10 gears are hands down the best mod I've made.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
You had a 03, but deceased?
Either way I love me a 98 cobra, had a 96 for a few months before my 03
Wish I could have kept it
They should have supercharged the 96 from the beginning.

Longtubes

Established Member
Higher gears for the higher revving power band of the cobra. I'd personally go no less than 4.10, probably 4.30 or 4.56 if I had a 4V.

Sweet spot for 2V is 3.73 though.

Dadarkside

Quicksilver
Established Member
Just got my 98 a few weeks ago. Well right after Christmas that is. Anywho, I was up in VA for a conference and I was hanging out with my old roommate. We were heading back to his apt after grabbing some drinks and I pulled up next to a 3 valve. He must have seen me coming, because by the time I got be side him, he gave me a few revs and then dropped it down a couple of gears. So I obliged by dropping into third. This turned out to be a mistake because when we went for it, he pulled me pretty good.

I caught back up to him at the next light though and he told me he had longtubes, O/R X and cams, which explained why it sounded so good. I told him a little about mine and when the light turned green we went for it again. This time neither of us really got anywhere because with cold tires and cold ground all we did is spin. He slowed back down to do another roll though, and this time I dropped down to a more appropriate 2nd gear. He gave me the hit, probably from a little over confidence induced by the first race but not because of being cocky or anything. I jumped out to about half a car length and maintained that to the end of 4th.

Made me feel a lot better about the new snake. Never had any experience in these 4-valve sn-95's and I have to say I'm pretty satisfied. I thought he was gonna pull me again. Gotta say, these 4.10 gears are hands down the best mod I've made.
wow

Users who are viewing this thread