First Shelby's coming off the assembly line

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
white%20gt500%20on%20line.jpg

First GT500's Produced

Nice to see some finally rolling off the line. Can't wait till one shows up at my local dealer so I can go check it out in person. :banana:

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
Anyone notice the wheels on the vert in the last picture? :shrug: That Grabber Orange with Tungsten Stripes is bad! :rockon:

Last edited:

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
If i buy one i want it to be just like the White one, White with NO STRIPES or the GT 500 on the bottom. Can you get it like that without stripes, or GT 500 on the body???

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Lightning LA said:
If i buy one i want it to be just like the White one, White with NO STRIPES or the GT 500 on the bottom. Can you get it like that without stripes, or GT 500 on the body???
You can get the stripe delete...but if you do you would also lose the GT500 emblem.

I would suggest deleting the skunk stripes only...then remove the body side stripes with a heat gun and leave the GT500 decal. It's a no cost option.

Formula51

Established Member
I still like the Alloy w/White stripes best so far. It is an awesome color and really hides all the plastic unpainted pieces aswell.

If the car proves itself, I may have to get one of those in a year or so.

rezcobra

Established Member
Formula51 said:
I still like the Alloy w/White stripes best so far. It is an awesome color and really hides all the plastic unpainted pieces aswell.

I know I'm waiting for a year. In 07 they'll be begging you to get it off their lots!!!!!! By then people will have figured out what the best weight savings are and pulley changes etc.!!!! :pepper:

bluestreak89

Established Member
rezcobra said:
I know I'm waiting for a year. In 07 they'll be begging you to get it off their lots!!!!!! By then people will have figured out what the best weight savings are and pulley changes etc.!!!! :pepper:

I agree with everything but the begging to get off the lots. If you look at it the price of everything has gone up. The terminators were on par with base model c5's. While the Z06 was the next step up and the viper crazy high. It's pretty much the same now but only for those that pay MSRP. And even still a fully loaded C6 will cost you high 40's to mid fifties.

This car is still the cheapest way to go fast in a straight line and look good doing it. And with the Z06 jumping up to 68k (100k for stingray) and no telling where the next viper will be, I dont think the shelby to to unreasonably priced, when technology advances so do the prices. And once you start modding the true potential of the GT500 will come out. Im sure if there are 4300 lbs mercedes running 10's and 11's with major money mods the GT500 will do it much easier and much cheaper.

Maybe some people would like to have a corvette instead so let them get it, but the GT500 will sell because there are enough people who want to go fast and dont like the C6 to buy it. They just better sell them all before the Camaro hits the market. A true rival, the camaro, could really hurt sales, but it will also be at least in the 40's IMO with the LS7 car in the 60's as well because I dont think GM would be dumb enough to undercut their flagship car. Although recent developements may prove otherwise.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Formula51 said:

:lol:

The day you buy a Ford, I'll buy a Chevy. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread