First Supercharged Stock Automatic in the 10's!!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Took the car out tonight for a couple of runs with the Vortech Supercharger on it!

Track conditions were horrible and the car was spinning a bunch! Lazy 1.71 60' and bounced off the limiter on just about every shift. I'm almost thinkin about going down in gear just a bit, car has 4.10's and could probably use a 3.73 as I was running out of gear on the big end as well.

Car was consistent 10.8's @ about 1253 DA Per drag times.com.

Should mention I drove the car there and back (1 hour each way) with no tire change (running et streets), and weight is right at 3800 lbs with me in it.

A little vid

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ63GxXqJ9c"]YouTube - First Stock Automatic 2011 Supercharged 5.0 Mustang to go 10's![/nomedia]

Timeslip

2011gtrun1.jpg

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
my friend did this vid, you can hear the car alot better in it

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhvKKbU6xHI"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang w/ vortech! BEEFCAKE[/nomedia]

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Can you get a bigger dia tires? Like 28". Not exactly sure what you are running if et street bias got be like 26.5 17's like my 03. Damn gear changes are $.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Can you get a bigger dia tires? Like 28". Not exactly sure what you are running if et street bias got be like 26.5 17's like my 03. Damn gear changes are $.

Im already running 28s. Really. Im right where i should be. Going through the traps at 7300. That first gear is just so tall. To make any diff there gonna be going through 4th @ too low

nocobrafornow

Established Member
hey terry how much more do you love the 11 over your 10 since both were supercharged. i just cant get over how awesome that new motor is. have you heard or seen the VMP car both of you guys in the 10's so close. i would be interested in seeing the cars dyno'd on the same one and then look at the graphs to see which does what. don't take that as a dig at you i'm just curious as to the comparison between the 2. thanks

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
hey terry how much more do you love the 11 over your 10 since both were supercharged. i just cant get over how awesome that new motor is. have you heard or seen the VMP car both of you guys in the 10's so close. i would be interested in seeing the cars dyno'd on the same one and then look at the graphs to see which does what. don't take that as a dig at you i'm just curious as to the comparison between the 2. thanks

much more, i was doing 11.7's in the other car dumping it at 5k. this car is launching at 2k and kicking it's butt by a second with a worse 60'

as far as blowers, everything will be nice on these. people complain about torque on these, but if you look at the 624hp whipple dyno the vortech is right there.

especially on an auto car, with a 4.17 first, you need as much help "not spinning" outta the hole as you can get.

these are high revving motors, they are going to love centris, just like my 99 cobra, my 99 ran low 10's with 468 ft/lbs at the wheels

in the end, it's all preference, i've had about 4 of each style or so

nocobrafornow

Established Member
can you imagine where the modular motor would be if this had been the initial motor used in 96. and i personally think the new 4v sounds alot better than the previos one.

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
So this is a completely stock motor @ 520+ rwhp and you're turning it 7300rpms..

I'm gonna say that the bottom ends must be stronger than what everyone original suspected.. damn

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
So this is a completely stock motor @ 520+ rwhp and you're turning it 7300rpms..

I'm gonna say that the bottom ends must be stronger than what everyone original suspected.. damn

It made 528 @ 7000, the tach shows 7800-7900 rpms for the shifts. Probably 7500/7600 actual rpms, i'm thinking it's making even more power up there

;)

Users who are viewing this thread