First time 1/4 mile in 2014 GT Track Pack

PapaSmurf03

SLO SNK
Established Member
So the other night finally took my 14' GT Track Pack to the track. Car has JLT, h pipe, tune, magnaflow axle back, steeda shifter bushing, H&R super sports, BMR adj panhard bar.

Stock tires dropped to 20#
I weigh 245
Car made 407rwhp

I have BMR relo brackets, BMR lower control arms, whiteline trans bushing waiting to go on.

Next mods will be one piece driveshaft, upper control arm and mount, change springs to H&R race springs and get a set of slicks for the track.

This was done at Portland International Raceway

DA was 1107

R/T .298
60' 2.085
1/8 8.323
MPH 89.99
1/4 12.695
MPH 109.17

I know there's a lot left on the table with the 60' hence why next time I will have a set of slicks.

ghig50

Established Member
I would recommend cutting about a 1" plus hole in the bottom of the white line transmission mount with a hole saw otherwise the nvh at least for me is too much

PapaSmurf03

SLO SNK
Established Member
What dosnt seem right about the mph? Too slow?

I went again about a week or so again and found out they don't prep the track for the late night drags. Couldn't get shit for traction but decide to just keep it in 4th instead of shifting into 5th right before the finish. Best time of the night was a 12.86 at 117mph. I'll take pictures of my time slips and post them up

PapaSmurf03

SLO SNK
Established Member
I think the staying in 4th and going past redline had a good amount to do with the mph increase instead of shifting right before the end. Also I had the seats out the second time and couldn't get better than a 2.3 60'

I'm gonna install an UCA and mount and get a set of slicks and next season go to the other dragstrip here that actually preps

Tech4Dummies

Established Member
Sometimes it's hard to find that balance between traction and speed. Had a guy around here with a CAI/tune 5.0 making 400 whp on drag radials dropped down to like 18 psi, he was pulling 1.6 60's but he was only trapping around 107-108 mph because of the extra drag on the big end from such low tire pressure. But it was pretty hot/humid that day too.

Fernando@

Established Member
Good deal staying on 4th for the pass. I have pretty much the same mods on a 14 track pack and my best time thus far has been 12.51@115. I'm still in the 93 sct stock tune. So hopefully with a custom tune it'll gain a little more. Great job for it being your first time out with it.

ghig50

Established Member
Just for quick comparison I went 12.34 first time out with slicks. Roush uca. And ford racing trac cal.
I am sure with your mile an hour and slicks you will easily be in the high 11's which is my goal but the tracks are closed around here for the winter

Users who are viewing this thread