First Time At DragStrip With SVTF

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Well guys, it was more fun than I expected :pepper: . It was Flashlight drags, so no times (sorry) It was supposed to be 1/8 mile, but everyone said it was longer than 1/8 mile. It had to be longer, because 5 out of 5 times I raced, I hit 90 mph at the finish line. It was race whoever you wanted, or get in line and they will set you up with someone... Well let me tell ya, my very first race was against a Built Chevelle SS, I was so damn nervous, my Tach was reading about 5700 rpm when I launched lmao... Believe it or not, he took me by about 4 car legnths (funny) 2nd Race: Against a Built small block (350) Chevy Pick-up, got me by about 2 car legnths. So far im not feeling bad, because im actually not getting spanked that bad. After those 2 races I decide to pick my races now lol. 3rd Race Against slightly modded Rx7, first gear neck and neck, second gear I pulled him the rest of the way down the track, beat him by about 4 car legnths :pepper: .4th Race I challenged a girl driving a slightly modded Jetta Turbo, she was at my rear bumper almost the entire time, just at the very end I had about one car legnth on her (good race) My last race was solo (just for fun) Thnx for reading guys, but I had to share my excitement somewhere...

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
Sweet! Too bad about no times. Gotta be closer to 1/4 mile for that speed, but good times anyway. Get some vids and pics when you do this stuff, so the rest of us who have bad brakes, bald tires, and no money can live vicariously through you! E-

6SpeedLover

Established Member
lol elliot400, I already got it planned to have a camera mounted in my car for next time, there is something about a video that words cant define... I do believe its every 2 weeks, I will keep you guys posted. As for the brakes, tires, and money, my svtf just turned 12k on it, give me another 5k and then ill be in the broke house lol...

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Awsome, sounds like you had a blast man! Glad for you.
But yea, I think you guys are right about it not being a 1/8th mile. Stock in the 1/4 mile I was running 92mph avg.

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Palte my only 2 mods are, Ported TB, and CAI, those 2 together made a nice difference :).. And I agree with you HalTime I was at exactly 7000 rpm in 3rd gear when I crossed the finish line, did you hit 4th gear in the quater mile?????? My times might help me because I only weigh 108 Lbs. LOL....Thnx for the feedback guys (Best place to share my fun) BTW thnx for the racing tips HalfTime..

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

HalfTime

Established Member
It was real close. Sometimes I ran out of 3rd before the line stock. But with just a CAI, UDP, and my exhaust, I was in 4th everytime. And no prob on the tips, just trying to get these guys to run better times.

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Thnx man, I know it sounds hard to do, But we need to hook up one of these days. Sounds pretty impossible, but maybe someday (family reunion) LOL Car Family that is....

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

HalfTime

Established Member
For sure man. Someday may be. I'm going to Recruiters school in Sept, who knows, may be they'll station me in Pittsburgh. If they do, your joining the Corps budy! lol mwahahaha!

6SpeedLover

Established Member
LOL , Sir Yes Sir!!!!! THIS IS MY FOCUS!!! THERE ARE MANY OTHER FOCUSES OUT THERE!!! BUT THIS ONE IS MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOCK AND LOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

HaveBlue83

Established Member
that had to be 1/4 mile man....Every time I have gone through the traps I azm doing 88-93 MPH, at 7,000-7,100RPM..........good fun man...I'm gonna hit the strip again this Fri. with some buddies......can't wait

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
You really want to be smiling ?! Take that thing out to an SVTOA open track event ..... You will never look back .... YOu will be hopelessly addicted.

Trust me.

6SpeedLover

Established Member
SnkBtn99 said:
You really want to be smiling ?! Take that thing out to an SVTOA open track event ..... You will never look back .... YOu will be hopelessly addicted.

Trust me.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Sounds like ALOT of fun, but it hit me the other day when I walked around my car after cleaning it, soft tires burn up quick lol. Its all good tho, if you wanna play, you gotta pay... :rockon: :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread