First time at the 1/8th mile in NC!

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
I brought the SVTF to the local eighth mile last sat. Lots of fun. Ran consistent 9.3s with no launch to speak of and no nitrous. It's over pretty quick, I'm used to the 1/4. The integra ran 10.9, pretty good for a 15 year old, non-vtec, auto. The focus still needs some more tuning, I'm a little disapointed with the top end(6000+rpms). There were some 5.1X cars hitting the traps at 138mph(in the 8th!!). Awesome sight! Some fast bikes too, over 130 in the 8th. The Focus was the 3rd slowest car there, in front of the integra and a 199X V8 Cougar. Still lots of fun, and $5, can't beat it. I love having a track open in Feb, not much of that in Vemont! E-

FreeFlowSVT

Lover Of Burned Rubber
Established Member
Cool man! Got a little overview from Chad. Sounds like your having fun! Just had my car in to get the clutch and such replaced with the newer versions. It was starting to not apply enough pressure from plate to disk or something along that lines. But now it's much better. :) Like new really hehe. Took a little over two weeks to get it back though. Really busy right now and needed to wait a bit on parts. But the rental car was fun in the snow! (Scary)
Keep up what sounds like great work on the car. Fathers getting a lift for his "barn" workshop. He just picked up a 12yr old Evertt Morrison (Sp.) Cobra Kit with a 1964 427 in it. Been redone and such. The car is mint and runs awsome. Consistant under 4.0secs 0-60. Best we guess before we put it away for the winter was 3.7-3.8. Guy we bought it from in CT said that was about what it could do when we picked it up. But of corse knowing my father it'll never see the 1/4 track. :( But man is it crazy fun to drive/ride in. LOUD! and did i say loud? Like sets car alarms off close enough to it when going down some of the streets in Burlington lol. Great fun. He's even thinking of getting it's 480ish hp rating to 500+ (mods of corse).
I think i may do a kit after i'v paid off the focus and move somewhere a little warmer or just find a good place for one. I'll post pics of it once he figures out how to send them in an e-mail. we keep having troubles with it for some reason and his comp has no burner. May just have to get him to post them on something like Yahoo. But we'll get them!
~Kyle

Users who are viewing this thread