First time at the track

5OhSlo

Established Member
Well today did not go as planned I decided to take my bolt on 2011 mustang gt m6 to a 1/8 mile track today and I'm pretty sure it's impossible lol it's a whole different world than roll races on the street....... Anyways well I decided to run my stock pirellis today instead of my sumi's, figured there is no point in burning up brand new tires, so anyways I made about 15 passes today and none of them were any good best et was 9.70 tried it with tc off great if ya want a 150ft rolling burnout lol tried sport mode and tc on turns out it's pointless car just falls flat on it's face off the line no matter what rpm launch so I'm guessing I need drag slicks if I ever want to see a decent time and consistency..... figure 28" slicks, welded axle tubes, is c clip eliminators needed and where to get them?also I have bmr lcas but still the factory uca how much of a difference will that make as far as wheel hop? I need help I hate losing to cars I should be beating

Heuristic

Established Member
You kind of answered your own issue in the title of your post. Keep going back to the track and you'll start to get the hang of it. I'm on stock tires and I launch at basically idle and slip the clutch out.

PhantomX

Established Member
Yeah practice makes perfect for sure. I used the little in car timer to do a quick 1/8th mile run and it came up with 8.8 @ 87mph, that was on the street with a passenger so there is lots more you can get out of it. 2k rpm, slip the clutch and go! I've cut 1.72's at the track with my old '11 on stock Pirelli P Zero's with just CAI/Tune/Axle back so it's possible.

5OhSlo

Established Member
Tried different rpms and it is like soon as it starts spinning off the line it just shuts down almost like it's stalling out no matter if I launch a 2k or 3500 , I have to slip clutch because the small town track is slightly uphill at the stage and I'm not running a line lock so I can either double foot it and hold the brake and gas and release it at the launch with a double clutch off the line or ride the clutch slightly to hold the car during staging from rolling back out from the stage light and launch like that or the hand brake but that's too much to remember haha..... it's kind of a pain in the ass would be a lot better if the track was flat but either way the car shouldn't just fall flat on its face at the launch....I'm sure my driving could improve some but this isn't my first manual I have a 64 fairlane that I can launch the hell out of it on the street and it never just falls on it's face that's why I figured slicks that way I can launch off the line with advanced track and tc off cause it doesn't fall launching it just spins

5OhSlo

Established Member
To me it seems if I launched below 2k it would be just as slow as a 2700 launch with it falling on it's face halfway through the launch

Users who are viewing this thread