First time at the track

Topherbleh

Beer Master
Established Member
Finally had time to make it out to the local 1/8th mile track. Wasn't expecting to do very well since the last owner decided to put 275/35/18 street tires on the rear, I did drop the tire pressure a little bit and made sure the contact patch was good. Didn't help too much was having traction issues all day. First wasn't too bad I had to feather the clutch from an idle and on the 1-2 shifts to get em to not spin, but everytime I hit second the tires would break loose and the car would start to get sideways.

After my 3 test runs I had been cutting 2.5-2.6 60fts and running around 9.7-9.8 which was slightly upsetting since I was expecting to run low to mid 9's even with crap tires.

First elimination round I finally cut a better 60ft of 2.306 (Still not that great) and dropped a 9.39 @ 74, sadly I broke out and would not get any more runs in :/

Another race out here next weekend. I'm hoping the extra runs will help me get a feel for cutting consistent 60's in the 2.0-2.3 range (Still have not had a run where the tires didnt spin) and running closer to 9's. Will have to get some mods done to my stock car, starting with some DR's on smaller rims and gears :D

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
I woulda been dead-launching it if the traction was that bad. You should be able to get 2.1's at least no matter what.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Basically blipping the throttle and letting the clutch out at the same time off idle then flooring it (or go 3/4 throttle).

Users who are viewing this thread